Wednesday, October 20, 2004, 01:00 pm PT (04:00 pm ET)
Apple to end iTMS support for older iTunes clientsApple Computer will soon end support for older versions of its iTunes jukebox software that attempt to access the company's online music store.
According to tipsters, users with dated versions of iTunes are being advised to update to the latest version of the software (4.6), as previous versions will soon no longer be supported.
"Get the latest version of iTunes. You are using a version of iTunes that will soon no longer be supported. Upgrade today to take advantage of the latest application features and Music Store enhancements," reads a message from the iTunes store.
In the coming months, Apple is expected to announce updates to its iTunes software. One of the forthcoming versions will also interface with an embedded iTunes client for Motorola cell phones, sources tell AppleInsider.
Next week Apple will also hold a music related event that could herald further technological enhancements to the iTunes Music Store, which may require a current release of software.
On Topic: General
- PayPal purportedly cut out of Apple Pay due to partnership with Samsung
- Pebble smartwatch gets $50 price cut, background tracking for fitness & sleep
- Microsoft looks to distance itself from Windows 8, jumps to Windows 10
- European Commission finds Ireland's tax deal with Apple amounts to illegal state aid
- Apple patents glasses-free interactive holographic touchscreen display