Analysts raise Apple, iPod projections for the quarterFollowing an AppleInsider report that projects Apple to surpass $3 billion in revenue this quarter on sales of nearly 4 million iPods, Merrill Lynch analyst Steven Milunovich has once again lifted his projections for the company.
Milunovich overnight raised his projections for unit sales of Apple\'s iPods to 3.5 million in the December quarter, up from the 2.68 million figure he provided in late October. Milunovich also lifted estimates for revenue in the quarter to $3.2 billion from $2.9 billion, projecting earnings per share at 45 cents.
\"Whereas the older generation still thinks it strange to own a Mac, the younger generation may consider Apple a core brand for their digital lifestyle. That would allow the company to introduce successful new consumer products over time.\"
Milunovich now targets Apple\'s stock price at $61 a share.
On Topic: General
- New video showcases Apple's participation in 2015 San Francisco Pride Parade
- Apple investigating ways to embed health sensors, fingerprint readers, chargers into iPhone logos
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage
- Apple Maps vehicles project expands to 13 new US states in July
- Greek capital controls put squeeze on iCloud, iTunes, App Store subscriptions