News Flash: HP exec departs for AppleHP exec to take a top marketing role at Apple.
Allison Johnson, HP\'s senior vice president of marketing, and one of Carly Fiorina\'s closest advisers at the company, is departing to take a position at Apple Computer, CNet News.com is reporting.
Johnson\'s decision was reportedly unrelated to Fiorina\'s departure, which was made public last week.
The marketing exec will take a top marketing seat at Apple Computer, where she will become vice president of worldwide marketing communications, reporting to CEO Steve Jobs.
Johnson, who had previously worked at Apple, will be responsible for Apple\'s global advertising and related efforts.
On Topic: General
- Tim Cook responds to $14.5B Irish tax bill with open letter, says decision will be reversed
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board as firms prep driverless cars
- Apple event invite inspires wild speculation about 'iPhone 7' iris scanning, bokeh, more
- EU will order Ireland to collect over $1B in back taxes from Apple - report
- Apple sends invitations for 'iPhone 7' event on Sept. 7: 'See you on the 7th'