News Flash: HP exec departs for AppleHP exec to take a top marketing role at Apple.
Allison Johnson, HP\'s senior vice president of marketing, and one of Carly Fiorina\'s closest advisers at the company, is departing to take a position at Apple Computer, CNet News.com is reporting.
Johnson\'s decision was reportedly unrelated to Fiorina\'s departure, which was made public last week.
The marketing exec will take a top marketing seat at Apple Computer, where she will become vice president of worldwide marketing communications, reporting to CEO Steve Jobs.
Johnson, who had previously worked at Apple, will be responsible for Apple\'s global advertising and related efforts.
On Topic: General
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Music & the iPhone's 8th birthday, plus listener questions
- New video showcases Apple's participation in 2015 San Francisco Pride Parade
- Apple investigating ways to embed health sensors, fingerprint readers, chargers into iPhone logos
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage
- Apple Maps vehicles project expands to 13 new US states in July