News Flash: HP exec departs for AppleHP exec to take a top marketing role at Apple.
Allison Johnson, HP\'s senior vice president of marketing, and one of Carly Fiorina\'s closest advisers at the company, is departing to take a position at Apple Computer, CNet News.com is reporting.
Johnson\'s decision was reportedly unrelated to Fiorina\'s departure, which was made public last week.
The marketing exec will take a top marketing seat at Apple Computer, where she will become vice president of worldwide marketing communications, reporting to CEO Steve Jobs.
Johnson, who had previously worked at Apple, will be responsible for Apple\'s global advertising and related efforts.
On Topic: General
- Apple monitoring AT&T's potential merger with Time Warner, report says
- Trade-in coupon: $20 cash bonus when you trade in your old Mac ahead of rumored 2016 MacBook Pros
- US internet users suffering under DDoS attacks on key DNS provider
- AT&T purchase of Time Warner could be announced this weekend - report
- Tesla tips more details of self-driving ridesharing service