News Flash: HP exec departs for AppleHP exec to take a top marketing role at Apple.
Allison Johnson, HP\'s senior vice president of marketing, and one of Carly Fiorina\'s closest advisers at the company, is departing to take a position at Apple Computer, CNet News.com is reporting.
Johnson\'s decision was reportedly unrelated to Fiorina\'s departure, which was made public last week.
The marketing exec will take a top marketing seat at Apple Computer, where she will become vice president of worldwide marketing communications, reporting to CEO Steve Jobs.
Johnson, who had previously worked at Apple, will be responsible for Apple\'s global advertising and related efforts.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: Apple's no-good terrible quarter, a death in Cupertino, 'Apple Watch 2' rumors & more
- Apple redesigns Support website with clean layout, responsive UI
- Schiller schools internet on correct Apple device plurals, but Cook says 'iPad Pros'
- Apple will attempt data extraction on iPhone of teen lost at sea, report says
- Tor Myhren officially starts as Apple's new VP of Marketing Communications