News Flash: HP exec departs for AppleHP exec to take a top marketing role at Apple.
Allison Johnson, HP's senior vice president of marketing, and one of Carly Fiorina's closest advisers at the company, is departing to take a position at Apple Computer, CNet News.com is reporting.
Johnson's decision was reportedly unrelated to Fiorina's departure, which was made public last week.
The marketing exec will take a top marketing seat at Apple Computer, where she will become vice president of worldwide marketing communications, reporting to CEO Steve Jobs.
Johnson, who had previously worked at Apple, will be responsible for Apple's global advertising and related efforts.
On Topic: General
- SoHo Apple Store hosts 'Becoming Steve Jobs' book reading, Q&A session with authors
- Apple moves to dismiss lawsuit over 'misleading' iOS device capacity claims
- Apple Pay decals begin arriving with supporting merchants
- Apple's new spaceship campus might be named after Steve Jobs, Tim Cook says
- Angela Ahrendts was swayed to Apple retail by instant personal connection with Tim Cook