Monday, February 14, 2005, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
News Flash: HP exec departs for AppleHP exec to take a top marketing role at Apple.
Allison Johnson, HP's senior vice president of marketing, and one of Carly Fiorina's closest advisers at the company, is departing to take a position at Apple Computer, CNet News.com is reporting.
Johnson's decision was reportedly unrelated to Fiorina's departure, which was made public last week.
The marketing exec will take a top marketing seat at Apple Computer, where she will become vice president of worldwide marketing communications, reporting to CEO Steve Jobs.
Johnson, who had previously worked at Apple, will be responsible for Apple's global advertising and related efforts.
On Topic: General
- First Apple Store in the Middle East to open in Dubai next year - report
- Steve Ballmer leaves Microsoft board to concentrate on other responsibilities
- Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac launches with OS X 10.10 Yosemite support, speed boosts, more
- Apple exec Eddy Cue puts Los Altos, Calif., home on the market for nearly $4M
- Questionable leaks raise hopes that Apple will release new Lightning cable with reversible USB connector