Monday, February 14, 2005, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
News Flash: HP exec departs for AppleHP exec to take a top marketing role at Apple.
Allison Johnson, HP's senior vice president of marketing, and one of Carly Fiorina's closest advisers at the company, is departing to take a position at Apple Computer, CNet News.com is reporting.
Johnson's decision was reportedly unrelated to Fiorina's departure, which was made public last week.
The marketing exec will take a top marketing seat at Apple Computer, where she will become vice president of worldwide marketing communications, reporting to CEO Steve Jobs.
Johnson, who had previously worked at Apple, will be responsible for Apple's global advertising and related efforts.
On Topic: General
- Judge voices concern over Apple's $450M e-book settlement, says may hurt consumers
- Apple concept would automatically enable iOS 'Do Not Disturb' mode during exercise
- Apple to open 12th Chinese retail store in Wuxi's Center 66 mall next week
- Apple's e-wallet could debut as soon as this fall, possibly with 'iPhone 6'
- Apple hit with class action lawsuit over alleged labor violations, more than 20K plaintiffs involved