Monday, February 14, 2005, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
News Flash: HP exec departs for AppleHP exec to take a top marketing role at Apple.
Allison Johnson, HP's senior vice president of marketing, and one of Carly Fiorina's closest advisers at the company, is departing to take a position at Apple Computer, CNet News.com is reporting.
Johnson's decision was reportedly unrelated to Fiorina's departure, which was made public last week.
The marketing exec will take a top marketing seat at Apple Computer, where she will become vice president of worldwide marketing communications, reporting to CEO Steve Jobs.
Johnson, who had previously worked at Apple, will be responsible for Apple's global advertising and related efforts.
On Topic: General
- LaCie reveals year-long security breach at online store
- Samsung calls on computer scientists to refute Apple patent claims
- Judge denies Apple motion to dismiss states' e-books suit
- Revenue from mobile device displays to surpass televisions for first time in 2014
- Apple tech uses Wi-Fi access points for indoor navigation, 3D positioning