Monday, February 14, 2005, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
News Flash: HP exec departs for AppleHP exec to take a top marketing role at Apple.
Allison Johnson, HP's senior vice president of marketing, and one of Carly Fiorina's closest advisers at the company, is departing to take a position at Apple Computer, CNet News.com is reporting.
Johnson's decision was reportedly unrelated to Fiorina's departure, which was made public last week.
The marketing exec will take a top marketing seat at Apple Computer, where she will become vice president of worldwide marketing communications, reporting to CEO Steve Jobs.
Johnson, who had previously worked at Apple, will be responsible for Apple's global advertising and related efforts.
On Topic: General
- Apple reaches settlement in Silicon Valley anti-poaching lawsuit [ux2]
- Google exec & social networking chief Vic Gundotra leaves company
- Tim Cook offering lunch date at Apple HQ for charity
- Future Apple devices may boast environmental sensor suite with built-in thermometer
- Apple's display tech lets users interact with 3D objects in mid-air