News Flash: HP exec departs for AppleHP exec to take a top marketing role at Apple.
Allison Johnson, HP\'s senior vice president of marketing, and one of Carly Fiorina\'s closest advisers at the company, is departing to take a position at Apple Computer, CNet News.com is reporting.
Johnson\'s decision was reportedly unrelated to Fiorina\'s departure, which was made public last week.
The marketing exec will take a top marketing seat at Apple Computer, where she will become vice president of worldwide marketing communications, reporting to CEO Steve Jobs.
Johnson, who had previously worked at Apple, will be responsible for Apple\'s global advertising and related efforts.
On Topic: General
- Future watch: new Ethernet standard to bring 2.5 and 5 Gbit/sec speeds to existing cabling
- This week on AI: 'Touch bar' MacBook Pro in late Oct., all-glass casing on 2017 iPhones & more
- Apple ordered to pay $302.4M in damages to VirnetX in patent retrial
- Latest 4K drone footage of Apple's 'spaceship' Campus 2 shows landscaping, functional HVAC
- 10nm chip foundry process coming to Apple partner TSMC ahead of Intel