Monday, February 21, 2005, 09:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
Apple extends wait times for iPod photo modelsOver the weekend, Apple quietly extended the wait times for both its iPod photo models from the same business day to 2-4 business days, tipsters have noted. Recent reports have indicated imminent changes to the majority of the company's iPod offerings, including the adoption of a color screen on the iPod mini and a possible reorganization of the remaining display-based players. Sales of the color-display enabled iPod photos have lagged behind lower priced models, sources said. Apple may soon reduce the price of the photo players and eliminate the 40GB model iPod that sports a monochrome display, they said. All indications have pointed to iPod, and possibly iMac, related announcements by mid-week.
On Topic: General
- Apple's 'smart dock' would give Siri a permanent place in the home
- Apple usurps Dell as most wanted desktop brand for holiday season
- New Union Square Apple Store renderings add water feature to plaza
- Next-gen USB connector a reversible challenge to Apple's Thunderbolt & Lightning
- Apple investigating ways to add depth to iPhone photos