Friday, February 25, 2005, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
First Canadian Apple Store to open May 21stCanada's first Apple Store is scheduled to open for business on May 21st, 2005, tipsters have informed AppleInsider. The store will be located at the Yorkdale Shopping Centre in Toronto, Canada. AppleInsider first reported on Apple's interest in opening a store at the mall back in February of 2004, and in October confirmed that a leasing agreement had been drawn. A month later Apple officially confirmed that a lease had been signed. According to internal company documents obtained by AppleInsider, Apple will open at least four retail stores in Canada, and had previously planned to do so by 2005. Tipsters said the Yorkdale store will open in the existing section of the mall, and not the expansion area still under construction.
On Topic: General
- Apple partner ARM acquires graphics software firm Geomerics
- Apple orders for A-series chips expected to contribute up to 10% of TSMC's 2014 revenue
- US carriers agree to standard set of rules for unlocking phones, tablets
- Apple's own medical experts say death at Pegatron not related to working conditions
- Apple looks to curb Web browser UI spoofing using real-time camera images