QuickTime 7 Pro to require paid upgrade, new Tiger builds seededQuickTime 7.0 Pro will Require Paid Upgrade
Along with Mac OS X 10.4 \"Tiger\" Apple will ship a major update to its QuickTime digital media software, labeled QuickTime 7.0.
Sources close to the development team say the 7.0 release will require \"Pro\" users to purchase a new license for the software, expected to cost $30. All license keys for versions of QuickTime 6 will be disabled in the new version, sources explained.
As previously reported, QuickTime 7 will also make it so previously free features—such as opening a new player window—require users to purchase a \"Pro\" license.
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger build 8A393
In related news, Apple today seeded Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger build 8A393. The build comes just one week after the company provided developers with build 8A385.
Weighing in at just shy of 2279MB, the latest seed addresses several of the known issues pertaining to the previous build, including bugs associated with the Dock, iDisk synching, and Finder window titles.
However, sources said the new build has introduced a couple of new glitches, such as Spotlight\'s search menu malfunctioning and abnormalities with the 23-inch Cinema Display.
Apple Remote Desktop 2.2 Build 7C10
Earlier this week Apple seeded Apple Remote Desktop 2.2 Build 7C10, which will deliver \"enhanced functionality and improved reliability.\"
On Topic: General
- How virtual and augmented reality could play a role in Apple's future
- This week on AI: Three iPhones in 2017, Apple takes on Snapchat, surprise iOS 9.3.5 update & more
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Health, machine learning, 'iPhone 7' rumors
- Apple gets green light to add 1,000 jobs at Irish headquarters
- Watchdog group finds Pegatron exploiting workers in lead up to 'iPhone 7' launch