QuickTime 7 Pro to require paid upgrade, new Tiger builds seededQuickTime 7.0 Pro will Require Paid Upgrade
Along with Mac OS X 10.4 \"Tiger\" Apple will ship a major update to its QuickTime digital media software, labeled QuickTime 7.0.
Sources close to the development team say the 7.0 release will require \"Pro\" users to purchase a new license for the software, expected to cost $30. All license keys for versions of QuickTime 6 will be disabled in the new version, sources explained.
As previously reported, QuickTime 7 will also make it so previously free features—such as opening a new player window—require users to purchase a \"Pro\" license.
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger build 8A393
In related news, Apple today seeded Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger build 8A393. The build comes just one week after the company provided developers with build 8A385.
Weighing in at just shy of 2279MB, the latest seed addresses several of the known issues pertaining to the previous build, including bugs associated with the Dock, iDisk synching, and Finder window titles.
However, sources said the new build has introduced a couple of new glitches, such as Spotlight\'s search menu malfunctioning and abnormalities with the 23-inch Cinema Display.
Apple Remote Desktop 2.2 Build 7C10
Earlier this week Apple seeded Apple Remote Desktop 2.2 Build 7C10, which will deliver \"enhanced functionality and improved reliability.\"
On Topic: General
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage
- Apple Maps vehicles project expands to 13 new US states in July
- Greek capital controls put squeeze on iCloud, iTunes, App Store subscriptions
- Photos, iCloud Drive, iMessage, other online Apple services hit by slowdowns & outages [u]
- Full trailer for 'Steve Jobs' film shows Apple co-founder's successes and struggles