Friday, May 27, 2005, 07:05 am PT (10:05 am ET)
News Flash: Mac OS X 10.4.2 around the cornerApple Computer's new Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" operating system is less than a month old, but already the company is rumored to be knocking the kinks out the second maintenance release, Mac OS X 10.4.2.
Rumor has it that the operating system update, the second on a list of many scheduled for Tiger, could be released within the next 45 days.
So far there is no word on which key enhancements Mac OS X 10.4.2 is expected to deliver, but tipsters said builds of the operating system should begin to surface within a week's time.
The most recent version of Tiger is Mac OS X 10.4.1, which Apple released on May 16th — about 2 weeks after Tiger was released to the purchasing public.
On Topic: General
- Nike to reportedly exit wearables market, fires bulk of FuelBand team [u]
- Apple offers unclaimed WWDC tickets to select developers
- Briefly: Online Apple Store delays 24-hour ship times in Europe for Easter
- Samsung deal with Swiss clock maker portrayed as an affront to Apple
- Traffic from Apple's unannounced iOS 8, OS X 10.10 remains steady ahead of WWDC 2014