Apple stock tanks over 11% in after-hours tradingShares of Apple Computer plummeted nearly $6 in after hours trading on Tuesday, losing over 11% of their value despite the company reporting the best quarterly results in its history.
For its fourth fiscal quarter of 2005, the Mac and iPod maker posted revenue of $3.68 billion and a net quarterly profit of $430 million, or $.50 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $2.35 billion and a net profit of $106 million, or $.13 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter.
However, the results still fell short of the extremely high investor expectations that have been baked into the company\'s stock price, which has recently traded at all-time highs.
As of 5:00pm eastern time, Apple stock was trading at $45.85, down $5.74 or some 11.13%.
On Topic: General
- Unimplemented one-handed keyboard found in Xcode iOS debugging tool
- Nintendo doubles down on portables, reveals Nintendo Switch tablet-based console
- Google signs up CBS for upcoming YouTube Unplugged live TV service - report
- New Apple event invite recalls original Macintosh, iMac introductions
- Apple replaces mechanical keyboard switches with proximity sensors in new invention