Apple stock tanks over 11% in after-hours tradingShares of Apple Computer plummeted nearly $6 in after hours trading on Tuesday, losing over 11% of their value despite the company reporting the best quarterly results in its history.
For its fourth fiscal quarter of 2005, the Mac and iPod maker posted revenue of $3.68 billion and a net quarterly profit of $430 million, or $.50 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $2.35 billion and a net profit of $106 million, or $.13 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter.
However, the results still fell short of the extremely high investor expectations that have been baked into the company\'s stock price, which has recently traded at all-time highs.
As of 5:00pm eastern time, Apple stock was trading at $45.85, down $5.74 or some 11.13%.
On Topic: General
- Samsung announces Gear S3 iOS-compatible smartwatches, one with LTE
- CBS All Access follows in Hulu's footsteps with more expensive 'ad-free' option
- Samsung stops shipments of 'exploding' Galaxy Note 7 phones
- Apple opens job positions for Turi 'machine learning division'
- Judge tosses key claims in Monster lawsuit against Beats