Tuesday, January 10, 2006, 08:00 am PT (11:00 am ET)
Intel iMacs and 15-inch MacBook Pro expected within hoursApple Computer in just a few hours will take the wraps off its first Intel-based Mac laptop and desktop computers, reliable sources have confirmed to AppleInsider.
Inline with predictions made by AppleInsider in November, the company at this year's Macworld Expo is expected to show both a new Intel iMac (17- and 20- inch) and the first 15-inch PowerBook. However, sources say Apple has decided to change the name of the PowerBook to "Mac Book Pro."
The new iMacs, which Apple chief Steve Jobs will use to demo new iLife and iWork applications, are expected to ship immediately. The 15-inch Mac Book Pro will be shown on stage and ship sometime next month, sources said.
Jobs' opening keynote is scheduled to begin at 9:00 am pacific time.
On Topic: General
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon
- Apple to build 25 new Apple Stores in China in two years
- Apple CEO Tim Cook visits Foxconn iPhone factory on China 'road trip'
- Apple to drop SSL 3.0 support for push notifications on Oct. 29 due to POODLE vulnerability
- Rare working Apple I goes for record-smashing $905,000 at auction