Intel iMacs and 15-inch MacBook Pro expected within hoursApple Computer in just a few hours will take the wraps off its first Intel-based Mac laptop and desktop computers, reliable sources have confirmed to AppleInsider.
Inline with predictions made by AppleInsider in November, the company at this year's Macworld Expo is expected to show both a new Intel iMac (17- and 20- inch) and the first 15-inch PowerBook. However, sources say Apple has decided to change the name of the PowerBook to "Mac Book Pro."
The new iMacs, which Apple chief Steve Jobs will use to demo new iLife and iWork applications, are expected to ship immediately. The 15-inch Mac Book Pro will be shown on stage and ship sometime next month, sources said.
Jobs' opening keynote is scheduled to begin at 9:00 am pacific time.
On Topic: General
- As Apple nears $200B in cash, U.S. Senators once again propose a repatriation tax break
- Apple tops Louis Vuitton, Gucci as the gift of choice among China's wealthy
- FCC says broadband-class connections must offer at least 25Mbps download speeds
- iTunes Connect bug logs developers into random Apple account, displays wrong apps
- TracFone will pay $40 million to settle unlimited data beef with the FTC