Tuesday, January 10, 2006, 08:00 am PT (11:00 am ET)
Intel iMacs and 15-inch MacBook Pro expected within hoursApple Computer in just a few hours will take the wraps off its first Intel-based Mac laptop and desktop computers, reliable sources have confirmed to AppleInsider.
Inline with predictions made by AppleInsider in November, the company at this year's Macworld Expo is expected to show both a new Intel iMac (17- and 20- inch) and the first 15-inch PowerBook. However, sources say Apple has decided to change the name of the PowerBook to "Mac Book Pro."
The new iMacs, which Apple chief Steve Jobs will use to demo new iLife and iWork applications, are expected to ship immediately. The 15-inch Mac Book Pro will be shown on stage and ship sometime next month, sources said.
Jobs' opening keynote is scheduled to begin at 9:00 am pacific time.
On Topic: General
- Apple expanding AppleCare+ warranties internationally, now available in Mexico & Sweden
- Apple patents smart navigation routing with crowd-sourced stop light pattern recognition
- Microsoft uses Apple's Siri to prop up Windows' new 'Cortana' virtual assistant
- Apple drops cross-appeal of final judgment in Samsung lawsuit, no longer seeks permanent injunction
- Apple expected to buy personalized talk radio app Swell for $30 million