Tuesday, January 10, 2006, 08:00 am PT (11:00 am ET)
Intel iMacs and 15-inch MacBook Pro expected within hoursApple Computer in just a few hours will take the wraps off its first Intel-based Mac laptop and desktop computers, reliable sources have confirmed to AppleInsider.
Inline with predictions made by AppleInsider in November, the company at this year's Macworld Expo is expected to show both a new Intel iMac (17- and 20- inch) and the first 15-inch PowerBook. However, sources say Apple has decided to change the name of the PowerBook to "Mac Book Pro."
The new iMacs, which Apple chief Steve Jobs will use to demo new iLife and iWork applications, are expected to ship immediately. The 15-inch Mac Book Pro will be shown on stage and ship sometime next month, sources said.
Jobs' opening keynote is scheduled to begin at 9:00 am pacific time.
On Topic: General
- Samsung calls on computer scientists to refute Apple patent claims
- Judge denies Apple motion to dismiss states' e-books suit
- Revenue from mobile device displays to surpass televisions for first time in 2014
- Apple tech uses Wi-Fi access points for indoor navigation, 3D positioning
- Samsung execs deny copying Apple design, attribute smartphone success to marketing