Apple and NBC Universal close to iTunes UK dealNBC Universal is close to signing a deal to sell TV shows through iTunes in the UK, C21 magazine is reporting.
The move would mark the debut of TV video downloads through Apple's iTunes Music Store overseas. iTunes customers in the United States have been offered this option since last October and have download around 12 million episodes to date.
According to the report, NBC is planning to test the waters with a select number of sci-fi series — one of the most popular genres with US iTunes customers. Candidates are reported to include Battlestar Galactica, Surface and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
A spokesman for Apple said the company had "no new news" to report on its iTunes download service.
On Topic: General
- Shuttle drivers at Apple, other Silicon Valley tech companies vote for Teamsters representation
- Apple's Tim Cook takes hardline stance against consumer data sharing, government snooping and terrorism
- Apple's March 9 'Spring Forward' event steals thunder from rivals at Mobile World Congress
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple's March 9 event, net neutrality, Pebble Time & more
- Ericsson unloads legal barrage against Apple in ongoing patent licensing dispute