Apple and NBC Universal close to iTunes UK dealNBC Universal is close to signing a deal to sell TV shows through iTunes in the UK, C21 magazine is reporting.
The move would mark the debut of TV video downloads through Apple\'s iTunes Music Store overseas. iTunes customers in the United States have been offered this option since last October and have download around 12 million episodes to date.
According to the report, NBC is planning to test the waters with a select number of sci-fi series — one of the most popular genres with US iTunes customers. Candidates are reported to include Battlestar Galactica, Surface and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
A spokesman for Apple said the company had \"no new news\" to report on its iTunes download service.
On Topic: General
- Energy consumption concerns loom over Apple's proposed Irish data center
- Google preps self-driving car facility near Detroit as Chrysler partnership ramps up
- China's Xiaomi shows off new $460 4K camera drone
- Apple supplier Foxconn replaces 60,000 workers with robots
- Microsoft set to axe nearly 2,000 jobs in bid to 'streamline' smartphone biz