Apple and NBC Universal close to iTunes UK dealNBC Universal is close to signing a deal to sell TV shows through iTunes in the UK, C21 magazine is reporting.
The move would mark the debut of TV video downloads through Apple\'s iTunes Music Store overseas. iTunes customers in the United States have been offered this option since last October and have download around 12 million episodes to date.
According to the report, NBC is planning to test the waters with a select number of sci-fi series — one of the most popular genres with US iTunes customers. Candidates are reported to include Battlestar Galactica, Surface and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
A spokesman for Apple said the company had \"no new news\" to report on its iTunes download service.
On Topic: General
- Apple likely free of e-book antitrust monitor after 'rocky' two-year term
- Apple to launch official retail presence in India with Croma partnership
- Steve Jobs movie nets highest per-theater average of 2015 on opening weekend
- Dell to buy EMC for $67 billion in largest-ever tech merger
- This week on AppleInsider: Steve Jobs tributes, iPhone & Watch launches, iOS security & more