Apple and NBC Universal close to iTunes UK dealNBC Universal is close to signing a deal to sell TV shows through iTunes in the UK, C21 magazine is reporting.
The move would mark the debut of TV video downloads through Apple\'s iTunes Music Store overseas. iTunes customers in the United States have been offered this option since last October and have download around 12 million episodes to date.
According to the report, NBC is planning to test the waters with a select number of sci-fi series — one of the most popular genres with US iTunes customers. Candidates are reported to include Battlestar Galactica, Surface and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
A spokesman for Apple said the company had \"no new news\" to report on its iTunes download service.
On Topic: General
- Apple pays $138 million for 43-acre building plot in San Jose tech corridor
- Audi, BMW, Daimler officially buy Nokia Here maps in deal valued at $3.07B
- Tech shuttle drivers approve Teamsters contract, Apple working with contractors to raise pay
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Watch at Best Buy, Apple Music numbers, Apple TV news & more
- IBM reportedly plans to purchase up to 200K MacBooks for employees