Apple to ship Shake for Intel Macs next monthA version of Apple Computer\'s professional compositing software optimized for its new line of Intel-based Macs will ship in May.
At the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) show in Las Vegas, Nev. this week, company executives could be seen demonstrating the Pro application update, labeled Shake 4.1, on an Intel iMac Core Duo.
That\'s something users couldn\'t do with Shake and a PowerPC-based iMac, said Kirk Paulsen, Apple\'s senior director of pro applications marketing.
Apple at NAB also boasted of a dramatic increase in usage of its Final Cut Studio professional software suite.
\"We now have 500,000 editors using Final Cut Studio,\" Paulsen told Macworld.
The Mac maker attributes the increased momentum of Final Cut Studio users as a shift from the ground up, with editors getting more freedom to choose the tools they want to use.
\"This is definitely part of a major trend in the industry,\" said Paulsen.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Sept. 9 event confirmed, Tim Cook on China, Apple TV rumors & more
- Judge bars Apple, Samsung from further filings after rapid-fire case entries
- Johns Hopkins taps Apple Watch, ResearchKit for upcoming epilepsy study with eye on seizure prediction
- Apple, 161 other organizations lend aid to Pentagon on flexible electronics
- AppleInsider podcast analyzes what to expect at Apple's Sept. 9 event, Wall Street, 'Apple Car,' more