Apple to ship Shake for Intel Macs next monthA version of Apple Computer\'s professional compositing software optimized for its new line of Intel-based Macs will ship in May.
At the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) show in Las Vegas, Nev. this week, company executives could be seen demonstrating the Pro application update, labeled Shake 4.1, on an Intel iMac Core Duo.
That\'s something users couldn\'t do with Shake and a PowerPC-based iMac, said Kirk Paulsen, Apple\'s senior director of pro applications marketing.
Apple at NAB also boasted of a dramatic increase in usage of its Final Cut Studio professional software suite.
\"We now have 500,000 editors using Final Cut Studio,\" Paulsen told Macworld.
The Mac maker attributes the increased momentum of Final Cut Studio users as a shift from the ground up, with editors getting more freedom to choose the tools they want to use.
\"This is definitely part of a major trend in the industry,\" said Paulsen.
On Topic: General
- Apple Camp enrollment opens for moviemaking, e-book creation workshops
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Music royalty reversal, iPhone rumors, Confederate controversy & more
- AppleCare+ battery coverage more generous for iPhones, iPads, Apple Watch
- Apple searching for new public policy director to influence government
- Apple CEO Tim Cook celebrates Supreme Court decision on gay marriage with quote from Steve Jobs