Report: Apple prepping next-gen iPodThe head of a Taiwanese manufacturing company responsible for churning out iPods says Apple Computer is getting ready to unveil its next-generation digital music player.
At its annual meeting this week, Hon Hai (Foxconn) Chairman Terry Gou said Apple is about to unveil the next generation of its iPod, which will introduce a \"none-touch\" concept, according to a report in the China Post.
Gou did not elaborate on the subject and it\'s unclear specifically which iPod model he could be referring to.
Hon Hai has recently come under scrutiny after a report (1, 2) by the British press exposed sweatshop-like conditions within several of its overseas manufacturing facilities that build iPods for Apple.
On Wednesday, Apple responded to the claims in the report, saying it plans to investigate the matter.
The company just recently released an updated version of its Special Edition U2 player, which is based on its fifth-generation video iPod platform. This would suggest Gou\'s comments are unlikely related to a complete refresh of Apple\'s video iPod line.
On Topic: General
- Nancy Pelosi expresses disappointment over Tim Cook's GOP fundraiser
- Apple uses platform dominance to 'lock out' competition, says Elizabeth Warren
- Hillary Clinton's tech platform backs Apple positions on encryption, privacy, innovation, patents, education
- Sioeye iPhone-connected sports camera streams live via LTE, includes 5GB free with T-Mobile
- Apple issues fourth beta of iOS 9.3.3 as developers await iOS 10 beta 2