Best Buy to carry Apple TV at all locationsBest Buy said Wednesday that Apple's just-released Apple TV will be available at all of its retail locations nationwide beginning next week.
A blog posting over at CNet News.com reveals that all 822 of the electronics retailer's stores should have the $299 wireless streaming media device in stock starting next Tuesday.
Although initial shipment are said to be limited 3,000 units — which spread across more than 800 stores means there will be about five Apple TVs available at each store — Best Buy will reportedly have a two-week head start on all other retailers.
"Though there aren't many other consumer electronics stores that sell Mac computers, this does give Best Buy an advantage over the numerous outlets that carry iPod," News.com reported.
Apple and Best Buy are engaged in an ongoing pilot program aimed at testing sales of Apple's Mac personal computer line in Best Buy stores. The two firms agreed to expand the pilot last September to approximately 50 locations, up from the original 7.
All Best Buy locations already carry Apple's line of iPod digital music players.
On Topic: General
- AppleInsider podcast goes to the movies, talks Steve Jobs, iMac rumors, Microsoft & more
- Elon Musk calls Apple the 'Tesla Graveyard,' pooh-poohs rumored Apple Car
- DJI launches Osmo, an iPhone-connected 4K steadicam for $650
- Bowers & Wilkins debuts new Zeppelin Wireless speaker with support for Apple's AirPlay
- Apple invention brings inductive charging to iPhone without extra hardware