Surprise ad for Apple TV begins airing on networksLaunching almost without fanfare, a spot for Apple's new media hub has begun making the rounds of TV networks.
Apple, Inc. on Monday launched a surprise new commercial for its Apple TV device, emphasizing the simplicity and echoing Steve Jobs' observations that the company was entering the living room after coming into cars, dens, and pockets.
The ad begins with a full-screen segment from the Paramount movie School of Rock, pulling out to reveal an iMac and observing that "it" — that is, the video — "is on your computer." It then draws the connection between the Mac and all of Apple's lineup by shifting to an iPod playing the same clip in a nearby room, adding that "it's on your iPod."
Finally, the scene pans to the living room where the Apple device plays the video on a TV, simply adding that "now, it's on your TV. Introducing Apple TV." The promo ends with a shot of the Apple TV substituting for the company's habitual ending logo shot.
Apple has yet to post the video online, but a sample is available below.
On Topic: General
- US Department of Justice expected to block Comcast-Time Warner merger
- Apple's 2015 Enviromental Responsibility Report shows larger carbon footprint
- Apple triples retail renewable energy rollout, 360 outlets worldwide go green
- Independent Nokia Technologies aiming to return to phone market - report
- Apple touts its environmental bona fides in new promotional video