Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 01:00 pm PT (04:00 pm ET)
Apple accepting applications for iPhone tech support repsWanna become one of the first telephone tech support representatives fielding questions on the iPhone? Well Apple recommends you submit your applications promptly, as training classes begin in May.
An official Apple job listing posted to AfterCollege.com seeks a Sr. iPhone support representative who will be responsible for answering questions for Apple customers and partners at the company's existing facility in Austin, Texas.
"Viewed as an escalation point, the candidate should be able to provide prompt, reliable, and accurate information to customers while maintaining effective communications during conversations by adjusting to the pace and technical level of the customer," the company says.
Duties for the full-time position include reporting issues through the appropriate channels as well as diagnosing data service inquiries related to GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless technologies.
Apple says it will consider various degrees of experience and education provided the candidate holds a Technical Associate Degree and/or 2-3 years related experience in the fields of Network, customer support or wireless voice/data technical support.
Meanwhile, a similar listing over at the company's official jobs site courts a number of lower-level iPhone technical support representatives.
Qualifications for the latter positions are more relaxed, requiring only a high school diploma and/ or 2-3 years related experience as a customer service rep, help desk member or wireless tech support rep.
On Topic: General
- Apple concept would automatically enable iOS 'Do Not Disturb' mode during exercise
- Apple to open 12th Chinese retail store in Wuxi's Center 66 mall next week
- Apple's e-wallet could debut as soon as this fall, possibly with 'iPhone 6'
- Apple hit with class action lawsuit over alleged labor violations, more than 20K plaintiffs involved
- Apple completed 29 acquisitions in past nine months, not including Beats