Friday, April 27, 2007, 10:00 am PT (01:00 pm ET)
Briefly: iTunes movies confirmed for Europe by year's endApple plans to start selling movies through its European iTunes Store before the end of the year, a senior Apple executive said this week.
Apple's vice president for Europe, Pascal Cagni, revealed the plans during an intervew with French language business daily Les Echos, reports Macworld UK.
Cagni also confirmed company plans to open an official Apple retail store in Paris, France "at some point."
He added Apple Europe aims to have around 70 sales outlets within larger retail stores open across the continent by the end of the year.
On Topic: General
- Apple's Tim Cook meets Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at Apple HQ
- Apple gobbling up retail market share as Radio Shack, Best Buy shrink
- Construction of Apple's new San Francisco flagship store gets final go ahead
- Apple exploring device pairing with Touch ID, camera privacy using diffusers
- High-res display processing company Pixelworks reveals Apple as major customer