Sunday, June 03, 2007, 04:15 pm PT (07:15 pm ET)
First iPhone ads published on Apple.com (Coming June 29)Apple and AT&T Wireless used a trio of television advertisements on Sunday to announce that iPhone will be available beginning on Friday, June 29th.
The ads were first spotted on CBS network television at around 7:00 p.m. eastern time on Sunday. Each demonstrates a few of the handset's functions, ending with an Apple logo and the caption, "Coming June 29th."
AppleInsider recently cited sources in saying that Apple planned to launch the inaugural Apple handset on Friday, June 29th.
All three ads — "Never Been an iPod," "Calamari," and "How To" — have since been posted to Apple's website:
On Topic: General
- Samsung calls on computer scientists to refute Apple patent claims
- Judge denies Apple motion to dismiss states' e-books suit
- Revenue from mobile device displays to surpass televisions for first time in 2014
- Apple tech uses Wi-Fi access points for indoor navigation, 3D positioning
- Samsung execs deny copying Apple design, attribute smartphone success to marketing