Monday, August 13, 2007, 03:20 pm PT (06:20 pm ET)
Apple issues AirPort Base Station, keyboard software updatesApple on Monday released software updates targeting its 802.11n AirPort Extreme Base Station and its new aluminum Apple Keyboard.
AirPort Base Station Update 2007-002
AirPort Base Station Update 2007-002 for the Mac [7.7MB] includes general fixes and compatibility updates for AirPort Utility, AirPort Disk Utility, and AirPort Base Station Agent.
More specifically, the update bumps AirPort Utility to version 5.2.1. The software supports the AirPort Extreme Base Station with 802.11n, AirPort Extreme Base Station and AirPort Express Base Station.
Separately, Apple also released AirPort Base Station Update 2007-002 for Windows XP and Vista [6.9MB]. That version includes general fixes and compatibility updates for AirPort Utility, AirPort Base Station Agent, and AirPort Disks Control Panel.
Keyboard Software Update 1.1
Earlier in the day, Apple released a 32MB Keyboard Software Update v1.1.
In a brief set of release notes, the company said the software allows its new aluminum keyboard to take advantage of the special features.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon