Apple launches TV programming on iTunes Store FranceApple announced Thursday that hit television programming from France's top networks including TF1, France Televisions, Arte, Mediatoon's Dargaud TV and Dupuis TV, along with hit US shows from The Walt Disney Company and MTV Networks is now available on the iTunes Store in France.
iTunes customers can choose from a wide range of primetime favorites including "La main blanche," "Les Contes de la Collection Chez Maupassant," "Coeur Océan," "Spirou et Fantasio," "Lucky Luke" and "Le dessous des cartes," as well as Emmy Award-winning programs "Lost," "Desperate Housewives," "Ugly Betty" and "South Park."
"iTunes is the number one digital music store in France and were off to a great start with TV shows," said Eddy Cue, Apples vice president of iTunes. "Were thrilled to launch with over 25 programs and 450 episodes available on the iTunes Store in France."
Television shows purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Store can be viewed on a Mac or PC, iPod nano with video, iPod classic, iPod touch, fifth generation iPod, iPhone or on a widescreen TV with Apple TV. Television shows are priced at 1.49, 1.99 and 2.49 per episode.
Television programming on the iTunes Store in France includes favorites such as:
- TF1s VOD subsidiary TF1 Visions top shows: crime drama "La main blanche" and "Paris Enquêtes Criminelles" as well as selections from cult French comedy performer Coluche;
- France Télévisions drama "Les Contes de la Collection Chez Maupassant" and family soap "Coeur Océan;"
- Artes geopolitical series "Le dessous des cartes;"
- Tintin TVs long-running animation "Tintin;"
- Dupuis TVs kids animation "Spirou et Fantasio;"
- Dargaud TVs kids animation "Les Nouvelles aventures de Lucky Luke;"
- Disney-ABC dramas "Lost" (seasons two-three), "Desperate Housewives" (seasons one-two) and "Ugly Betty" (season one); and
- MTV Networks hits including Comedy Centrals "South Park," Nickelodeons "SpongeBob SquarePants" and MTVs "Made" and "Pimp My Ride."
Apple added that programming from the Disney Channel will be coming soon.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple's iTunes to air Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer on Friday
- Spotify royalties surpass Apple's iTunes in Europe by 13%, report says
- 'Disney Movies Anywhere' gets Android app, ushers in cross-platform movie purchasing
- Beyonce rumored to release second iTunes exclusive 'visual album' on Nov. 14
- Musician Trent Reznor working on secret music delivery project at Apple