Photos reveal spacious interior of second Paris Apple store(ifoAppleStore) While Apple's first planned retail out in Paris was recently revealed as a window-less underground cavern, a second location under construction near the citys Opera House is shaping up to be amongst the company's most impressive shops yet.
The location at 12, Rue Halévy comprises a light-filled, soaring interior space tucked behind arched windows, all facing onto an unusually large intersection that provides a view of the façade from many angles.
A large posting on the exterior of the building notes that a building permit was issued February 23rd for the reconstruction of a hotel and shop, the latter space of which is confirmed to have been leased by Apple. The project stretches some 81,300 square-feet on a 13,200 square-foot lot, according to the permit.
A panoramic photo of the interior of the future Apple shop is available, showing the use of protective materials on the walls and columns during the ongoing construction process. You can also check out the intersection outside the store using Google Streetview.
The Apple store will occupy the right two-thirds of the 112-foot buildings ground level, or address #12 — a space defined by the five left-most arches in the first photo, below. For photos of the cavernous space under construction as the site of Paris' first Apple store, please see this earlier report.
Gary Allen is the creator and author of ifo Apple Store, which provides close watch of Apple's retail initiative. When Gary isn't busy publishing news and information on Apple's latest retail stores, he finds himself hanging out at one.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Sept. 9 event confirmed, Tim Cook on China, Apple TV rumors & more
- Judge bars Apple, Samsung from further filings after rapid-fire case entries
- Johns Hopkins taps Apple Watch, ResearchKit for upcoming epilepsy study with eye on seizure prediction
- Apple, 161 other organizations lend aid to Pentagon on flexible electronics
- AppleInsider podcast analyzes what to expect at Apple's Sept. 9 event, Wall Street, 'Apple Car,' more