Apple director Jerry York in critical condition following collapseFormer IBM chief financial officer and current Apple director Jerome York has been hospitalized in Pontiac, Michigan and is currently listed as being in critical condition.
Bloomberg cites York's wife Eilene in reporting that York collapsed at his Rochester, Michigan, home Tuesday night and was transferred to Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital by emergency services.
Doctors attending to the 71-year old Michigan-native say he suffered a massive cerebral hemorrhage.
York is currently the Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Harwinton Capital. He was the former Chief Financial Officer of both IBM and Chrysler and also served as Chief Executive Officer of Micro Warehouse before joining Apple's board of directors in 1997.
A graduate of West Point, York earned an MBA at the University of Michigan and a masters degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
While serving Apple, York also entertained a brief stint as a director for General Motors, holding a seat on its board from February to October of 2006.
On Topic: Board of Directors
- Apple directors reelected, outside proposals rejected at annual shareholder meeting
- Apple adds former Boeing CFO James Bell to its board of directors
- Apple board member Millard Drexler to retire in March, replacement unknown
- Apple highlights corporate diversity with new showcase of company vice presidents
- Rev. Jesse Jackson targets Apple, Google, HP, others in tech racial diversity campaign