Friday, April 30, 2010, 07:35 am PT (10:35 am ET)
Adobe ships Creative Suite 5 with 64-bit support for MacAdobe on Friday announced that its anticipated Creative Suite 5 product family is now available for shipping or immediate download, with more than 250 new features and, for the first time ever, native 64-bit support for Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
Adobe said that Creative Suite 5 will power the creation of content and applications for the upcoming releases of Flash Player 10.1 and Adobe AIR 2, formats that are optimized for high performance on mobile screens and designed to take advantage of native device capabilities.
CS5 also features integration with online content and digital marketing measurement and optimization capabilities for the first time. Access to signature Omniture technologies allows users to capture, store and analyze information generated by websites and other sources. Users will also have complimentary access to CS Live services for a limited time, allowing access to five online services that accelerate key aspects of the creative workflow.
"We've seen from early customer reaction that Creative Suite 5 continues to inspire the design and developer world by combining time-saving workflow and productivity features with astonishing new capabilities, such as Content-Aware Fill in Photoshop CS5, that really push the creative envelope," said John Loiacono, senior vice president of Creative Solutions at Adobe. "Whatever the media, CS5 is ensuring that publishers and creatives can deliver stand-out work and build great businesses around their unique digital assets and content."
This release line-up includes the following Creative Suite 5 editions:
- Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection ($2599)
- Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium ($1899)
- Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Standard ($1299)
- Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium ($1799)
- Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium ($1699)
Included with the various suite editions are 15 point products, associated technologies and integration with new Adobe CS Live services: (CS Live online services are complimentary for a limited time.)
- Photoshop CS5
- Illustrator CS5
- InDesign CS5
- Acrobat 9 Pro
- Flash Catalyst CS5
- Flash Professional CS5
- Flash Builder 4
- Dreamweaver CS5
- Fireworks CS5
- Contribute CS5
- Adobe Premiere Pro CS5
- After Effects CS5
- Encore CS5
- Soundbooth CS5
- Adobe OnLocation CS5
- Adobe Bridge CS5
- Adobe Device Central CS5
- Adobe Dynamic Link
Adobe offers a Creative Suite 5 editions comparison tool that breaks down the components included with each suite edition:
Among the suites major new features are:
- Truer Edge technology in Photoshop CS5 Extended offers improved edge detecting technology and masking results in less time. Photoshop CS5 Extended also lets users remove an image element and immediately replace the missing pixels with Content-Aware Fill.
- InDesign CS5 powers the transition to digital publishing with new interactive documents and enhanced eReader device support.
- Native 64-bit support in Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects enables customers to work more fluidly on high resolution projects.
- New Text Layout Framework in Flash Professional CS5 provides professional-level typography capabilities with functions like kerning, ligatures, tracking, leading, threaded text block and multiple columns.
- New stroke options in Illustrator CS5 allow users to create strokes of variable widths and precisely adjust the width at any point along the stroke.
- The NVIDIA GPU accelerated Adobe Mercury Playback Engine allows Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 users to open projects faster, refine effects-rich HD sequences in real time and play back complex projects without rendering.
- The new Roto Brush tool in After Effects helps users save time by isolating moving foreground elements in a fraction of the normal time.
- Dreamweaver CS5 now supports popular content management systems Drupal, Joomla! and WordPress, allowing designers to get accurate views of dynamic Web content from within Dreamweaver.
Adobe CS Live
Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium also integrates with new Adobe CS Live, a set of five online services that accelerate key aspects of the creative workflow and enable designers to focus on creating their best work. CS Live online services are complimentary for a limited time and currently include:
- Adobe BrowserLab, a tool for testing Web site content across different browsers and operating systems.
- Adobe CS Review, which enables online design reviews directly from within Creative Suite 5 applications.
- Access to Acrobat.com services, such as Adobe ConnectNow Web conferencing, to enhance discussion and information exchange with colleagues and clients around the globe.
- Adobe Story, a collaborative script writing tool that improves production and post-production workflows in CS5 Production Premium.
- SiteCatalyst NetAverages from Omniture, which provides Web usage data that helps reduce the guesswork early in the creative process when designing for Web and mobile.
On Topic: General
- Apple hires noted tech journalist Anand Lal Shimpi
- Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad
- Apple's mysterious 2-story structure at site of Sept. 9 event drives frenzy even further
- Apple announces Sept. 9 event for expected 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' unveiling: 'Wish we could say more'
- Apple wins patent for Steve Jobs-designed Fifth Ave glass cube