Apple firmware update tackles MacBook Pro freezesApple on Thursday released an EFI firmware update for 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro mid 2010 models that fixes a freezing or stalling problem.
According to Apple, EFI Firmware Update 1.9, which requires Mac OS X 10.6.4, "resolves a rare issue that may cause the system to freeze during startup or intermittently stall during operation." The update, which is a 2.16MB download, also improves external display compatibility.
Issues with stalling and external displays on the mid 2010 Macbook Pros had been acknowledged in Apple Support articles.
The most recent revision to the MacBook Pro line came in April.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Inside Apple's 2016 MacBook Pro: Graphics processing unit choices
- macOS Sierra beta points to future Macs equipped with 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2
- Inside Apple's 2016 MacBook Pro: USB-C and Thunderbolt 3
- Redesigned, ultra-thin MacBook Pro with AMD GPU not expected to debut at 'iPhone 7' event Sept. 7
- Anticipated MacBook Pro redesign boosting profits for Apple hinge manufacturer