We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Apple firmware update tackles MacBook Pro freezesApple on Thursday released an EFI firmware update for 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro mid 2010 models that fixes a freezing or stalling problem.
According to Apple, EFI Firmware Update 1.9, which requires Mac OS X 10.6.4, "resolves a rare issue that may cause the system to freeze during startup or intermittently stall during operation." The update, which is a 2.16MB download, also improves external display compatibility.
Issues with stalling and external displays on the mid 2010 Macbook Pros had been acknowledged in Apple Support articles.
The most recent revision to the MacBook Pro line came in April.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Nvidia working with Apple on graphics for 'revolutionary' new Mac products
- Apple polling MacBook Pro owners on use of headphone jack, other ports
- Tim Cook email response tells sender to 'stay tuned' for Mac refresh
- Alleged Apple trademark filings reveal 'Iris Engine,' 'AirPod Case,' 'Home Hub,' 'Control Strip,' 'Smart Button'
- Intel Kaby Lake CPUs suitable for MacBook Pro refresh said to be in manufacturers' hands