Apple firmware update tackles MacBook Pro freezesApple on Thursday released an EFI firmware update for 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro mid 2010 models that fixes a freezing or stalling problem.
According to Apple, EFI Firmware Update 1.9, which requires Mac OS X 10.6.4, "resolves a rare issue that may cause the system to freeze during startup or intermittently stall during operation." The update, which is a 2.16MB download, also improves external display compatibility.
Issues with stalling and external displays on the mid 2010 Macbook Pros had been acknowledged in Apple Support articles.
The most recent revision to the MacBook Pro line came in April.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Intel details new Skylake chips hinting at Apple's future 15" MacBook Pro specs
- 2016 expected to be a big year for Apple's MacBook lineup, upgrades to arrive in coming months
- Consumer Reports survey finds Apple most reliable laptop brand
- Rumor: Apple to unveil redesigned MacBook Airs, new 15" model at WWDC 2016
- Record Low Prices: Apple's iMac 4K falls $200 to $1,299, iMac 5K to $1,599, 15" MacBook Pro to $1699 at B&H ahead of Black Friday