Apple firmware update tackles MacBook Pro freezesApple on Thursday released an EFI firmware update for 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro mid 2010 models that fixes a freezing or stalling problem.
According to Apple, EFI Firmware Update 1.9, which requires Mac OS X 10.6.4, "resolves a rare issue that may cause the system to freeze during startup or intermittently stall during operation." The update, which is a 2.16MB download, also improves external display compatibility.
Issues with stalling and external displays on the mid 2010 Macbook Pros had been acknowledged in Apple Support articles.
The most recent revision to the MacBook Pro line came in April.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Apple fixes 2015 MacBook Pro flash storage issue in firmware update
- Retina MacBook Pro owners plagued by supposed screen coating damage, call on Apple to take action
- Thunderbolt 3 spec announced with support for USB-C connector, transfer speeds of up to 40Gbps
- Apple adds 5K support to MacBook Pro as target display mode remains absent for Retina iMac
- This week on AppleInsider: New Macs, Apple Watch update, TV plans & more