Thursday, August 26, 2010, 07:55 pm
Apple firmware update tackles MacBook Pro freezesApple on Thursday released an EFI firmware update for 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro mid 2010 models that fixes a freezing or stalling problem.
According to Apple, EFI Firmware Update 1.9, which requires Mac OS X 10.6.4, "resolves a rare issue that may cause the system to freeze during startup or intermittently stall during operation." The update, which is a 2.16MB download, also improves external display compatibility.
Issues with stalling and external displays on the mid 2010 Macbook Pros had been acknowledged in Apple Support articles.
The most recent revision to the MacBook Pro line came in April.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Deals: dozens of new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Retina configs at lowest prices anywhere
- Gazelle sees 171% spike in MacBook trade-ins ahead of WWDC
- B&H Photo celebrates release of iPhone and iPad apps with exclusive MacBook deals
- Amazon sells out of entry-level 13" Retina MacBook Pro amid rumors of slimmer model
- Dual-mic MacBook Air expected at WWDC, legacy MacBook Pro to remain without update