Safari 5.0.5, Xcode 4.0.2, Mac OS X security updates released by AppleApple on Thursday released a number of security and maintenance updates for its software, including Safari 5.0.5, Xcode 4.0.2, and Security Update 2011-002 for Mac OS X.
Safari 5.0.5 is available via Software Update or direct from Apple. It includes the latest security updates for the browser, which runs on Mac OS X 10.6.5, Mac OS X 10.5.8, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
A number of security updates for Snow Leopard and Leopard are also available. They are recommended for all users, and links to them are included below:
- Snow Leopard Security Update 2011-002
- Leopard - Client Security Update 2011-002
- Leopard - Server Security Update 2011-002
Finally, along with the newly released iOS 4.3.2, which also arrived on Thursday, Apple has also issued an update for its Xcode development software. Users can download Xcode 4.0.2 through the Mac App Store, where it sells for $4.99.
On Topic: Software
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 15 for Mac with new automated tools
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools