Thursday, April 14, 2011, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
Safari 5.0.5, Xcode 4.0.2, Mac OS X security updates released by AppleApple on Thursday released a number of security and maintenance updates for its software, including Safari 5.0.5, Xcode 4.0.2, and Security Update 2011-002 for Mac OS X.
Safari 5.0.5 is available via Software Update or direct from Apple. It includes the latest security updates for the browser, which runs on Mac OS X 10.6.5, Mac OS X 10.5.8, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
A number of security updates for Snow Leopard and Leopard are also available. They are recommended for all users, and links to them are included below:
- Snow Leopard Security Update 2011-002
- Leopard - Client Security Update 2011-002
- Leopard - Server Security Update 2011-002
Finally, along with the newly released iOS 4.3.2, which also arrived on Thursday, Apple has also issued an update for its Xcode development software. Users can download Xcode 4.0.2 through the Mac App Store, where it sells for $4.99.
On Topic: Software
- Microsoft to release free version of OneNote for Mac later this month - report
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro with Mac Pro optimizations
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.3 with holiday discount, updates Camera Raw 8.3
- New Adobe Lightroom and Camera Raw release candidates fix bugs, add camera support
- Review: 1Password 4 for Mac makes managing all your passwords easy and secure