Friday, May 13, 2011, 06:00 pm
Apple seeds Mac OS X 10.6.8 to developersApple has released a new build of Snow Leopard to developers, the first since 10.6.7 in March, and potentially the last before the delivery of Mac OS X Lion this summer.
The new build, identified as 10K521 by MacRumors, reportedly comes without any detail of changes.
Apple previously released 10.6.7 to the public nearly two months ago.
That update was delivered in two flavors, one specifically for Thunderbolt-equipped MacBook Pros identified as build 10J3250, and a general release for other models 10J869.
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion is anticipated to be released at Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference during the first week of June.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple adds security enhancements to Java 6 in latest update
- OS X Mavericks' new App Nap, Timer Coalescing features target battery efficiency
- Adobe releases major update to Creative Cloud desktop apps
- Safari 7.0 streamlined and accelerated for OS X Mavericks
- Why the Mac Finder took so long to get the new Tabs in OS X Mavericks