Monday, December 26, 2011, 06:33 am PT (09:33 am ET)
Apple's 12 Days of Christmas giveaway kicks off in Europe and CanadaApple has once again launched its 12 Days of Christmas app to mark the start of its annual holiday promotion that offers free songs, music videos, apps and books to residents of Canada and parts of Europe.
Since the promotion does not extend to U.S.-based customers, the app is only available to download from iTunes stores in Canada, the U.K., and a few other select European nations.
Now in its fourth year, the 12-day promotion runs from December 26 to January 6 and surprises users of the app with a free digital download from iTunes each day. This year's giveaway begins with a free copy of Coldplay's live EP from the recent Apple-sponsored iTunes Festival in London.
The album, like each day's freebee, will only be available to download for 24 hours, Apple says. iTunes users who don't have an iOS device can also sign up for daily email alerts and access the content through iTunes on a computer.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple fills out iTunes Festival lineup, deadmau5 to kick off event
- Apple expands Volume Purchase Program to 16 new countries in education, business push
- Apple adds 21 acts to iTunes Festival card including Lenny Kravitz, The Script and more
- Apple remembers Robin Williams with iTunes tribute page
- Apple adds Family Sharing support information to iOS, Mac App Store listings