Apple's 12 Days of Christmas giveaway kicks off in Europe and CanadaApple has once again launched its 12 Days of Christmas app to mark the start of its annual holiday promotion that offers free songs, music videos, apps and books to residents of Canada and parts of Europe.
Since the promotion does not extend to U.S.-based customers, the app is only available to download from iTunes stores in Canada, the U.K., and a few other select European nations.
Now in its fourth year, the 12-day promotion runs from December 26 to January 6 and surprises users of the app with a free digital download from iTunes each day. This year's giveaway begins with a free copy of Coldplay's live EP from the recent Apple-sponsored iTunes Festival in London.
The album, like each day's freebee, will only be available to download for 24 hours, Apple says. iTunes users who don't have an iOS device can also sign up for daily email alerts and access the content through iTunes on a computer.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple hiring spree looks to improve iTunes search, discovery, video & more
- Russia to be among first countries with access to Apple's new streaming music service, report says
- Spotify facing pressure from Sony, Universal to drop free on-demand music - report
- Apple's rumored streaming music service to tout social network for artists, report says
- Apple to give the first hit free with its new streaming service - report