Wednesday, March 07, 2012, 10:13 am PT (01:13 pm ET)
Apple adds ability to redownload movies, 1080p TV episodes from iCloudApple on Wednesday announced that it has expanded its iTunes in the Cloud functionality in iCloud, giving users the ability to re-download movies, and also adding availability of 1080p high-definition TV show episodes.
Previously, the iTunes in the Cloud service only applied to music, books and applications purchased through Apple's iTunes Store. But now, users will be able to re-download movies they purchase onto another device.
In addition, television content is available in high-definition 1080p format, allowing it to be natively displayed on the new Apple TV. Previously, content maxed out at 720p, which was the highest resolution output of the previous generation Apple TV.
Now, with iCloud, users will be able to buy movies and TV shows on Apple TV, and then watch them on their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC. Purchases and other content can be synced across all current devices in Apple's ecosystem.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple fills out iTunes Festival lineup, deadmau5 to kick off event
- Apple expands Volume Purchase Program to 16 new countries in education, business push
- Apple adds 21 acts to iTunes Festival card including Lenny Kravitz, The Script and more
- Apple remembers Robin Williams with iTunes tribute page
- Apple adds Family Sharing support information to iOS, Mac App Store listings