NY Apple Stores to participate in Tribeca Film FestivalTwo New York Apple Stores will be hosting filmmaking events and workshops for the Tribeca Film Festival, and will feature "Meet the Filmmakers" sessions with the likes of Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Morgan Spurlock, Will Arnett and more.
The West 14th Street and SoHo Apple Stores will play host to indie filmmakers that are attending the annual Tribeca Film Festival from April 20 to April 28.
Apple, in cooperation with Indiewire, will present the Meet the Filmmakers series throughout the week in which writers, directors and actors sit down to discuss the films they are presenting at Tribeca as well as future projects. A full listing of attendees and scheduling can be found at Apple's dedicated site. Most of the series will take place at the West 14th Street location.
Along with the panels will be workshops called "What's New in Filmmaking," which feature Final Cut Pro X classes as well as exploratory lessons with moviemaking on the iPad and more.
The Tribeca Film Festival was founded in 2002 by Jane Rosenthal, Robert De Niro and Craig Hatkoff as a response to the September 11, 2001 World Trade Center attacks with the intent to bring independent movies to the public. More information regarding show times can be found at the festival's official website.
On Topic: General
- Ex-Siri team to unveil 'Viv' virtual assistant next week in quest for ubiquitous AI
- Apple, others urge presidential candidates to support Trans-Pacific Partnership, address government snooping
- YouTube said to be planning 'Unplugged' live TV as soon as 2017
- Hulu confirms plans to launch live TV streaming in 2017
- Apple's iPhone is most influential gadget ever, says TIME