Monday, June 11, 2012, 05:55 pm PT (08:55 pm ET)
Apple releases AirPort Utility for new AirPort ExpressApple has released an AirPort Utility update that will enable the iOS app to control and configure the new dual-band AirPort Express that was launched on Monday.
The AirPort Utility moves to version 1.1 with support to configure and manage the AirPort Express that was announced on Monday at Apple's WWDC conference alongside a host of new products. Apple's new portable base station was the recipient of an overall redesign that resembles a white Apple TV and now sports dual-band connectivity as well as an extra ethernet port.
In addition to the support for the new hardware, the utility app also received the ability to manage base stations for IPv6.
The AirPort Utility update can be downloaded through the iOS App Store for free.
On Topic: General
- Apple's patented iPhone-based CarPlay remote starts cars, performs high-level functions
- Apple responds to Spotlight Suggestions 'backlash,' says personal data collection limited
- Tour Apple Inc's spaceship Campus 2 in extended aerial video
- Editorial: A friendlier Apple Inc now invites media through its Infinite Loop front door
- Apple launches iCloud Photos beta Web client ahead of iOS 8.1 rollout