'jOBS' actors seen on set at Steve Jobs' old Los Altos homeNew photos show that the upcoming jOBS biopic is well underway with actors already populating their roles on-set at Steve Jobs' old Los Altos home where the first Apple computer was built.
A bearded Ashton Kutcher, who will play Jobs in the independent film, was spotted by Pacific Coast News photographers roaming the set sporting 1980s-era clothing alongside fellow actor Josh Gad in the garage where Apple was founded.
Other cast members seen on set were Matthew Modine as former Apple CEO John Sculley, Ahna O'Reilly as Jobs' ex-girlfriend Chris-Ann Brennan and an unknown actor who looks to be playing Microsoft founder Bill Gates.
The jOBS biopic is on schedule for a release later this year and is the first of two pictures to chronicle the life of the lat technology mogul.
Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs and Josh Gad as Steve Wozniak. | Source: Pacific Coast News
Matthew Modine will play former Apple CEO John Sculley.
An unknown actor resembling Bill Gates.
A separate, relatively big-budget Sony film has Academy- and Emmy- Award winner Aaron Sorkin (The Social Network) penning the big screen adaptation of Walter Isaacson's authorized documentary. That project has also enlisted Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak as a "tutor" who will assumedly coach cast and crew on authenticity.
Sorkin recently spoke at the D10 conference and likened his film more to a painting than a photograph. The movie doesn't yet have a solid release date.
On Topic: General
- Apple buys machine learning firm Perceptio, suggests development of imaging AI
- Week in review video: Remembering Steve Jobs, build cost of iPhone 6s, 'iRing' & more
- Four years after the death of Steve Jobs, Michael Fassbender talks about portraying an icon
- Irish minister says EU probe into Apple tax dodges should reach finding by end of 2015
- Laurene Powell Jobs 'repeatedly' tried to halt Universal's Steve Jobs film, report says