Friday, September 21, 2012, 01:13 pm PT (04:13 pm ET)
Starbucks promises support for iOS 6 Passbook at end of SeptemberThe official Starbucks application for iPhone will be updated at the end of September to add support for Passbook in iOS 6.
The update on Passbook support from Starbucks was revealed on the coffee chain's official Twitter account on Friday, as noticed by iDownloadblog. Once the update is made available, customers will be able to access their Starbucks store card through Passbook when visiting one of the chain's retail locations.
Starbucks support has been shown by Apple in demonstrations of Passbook and iOS 6. But when iOS 6 became available for download this week, the coffee maker was not among the list of companies supporting Passbook at launch.
In fact, the initial list of Passbook supported apps in the iOS 6 App Store is missing a number of companies that had been advertised, including Apple's own retail store application. Since Wednesday, support for Target, American Airlines and United Airlines have been added, but Delta Airlines, Amtrak, W Hotels, and Starwood Hotels remain missing.
On Topic: iPhone
- Rear shell for 5.5" 'iPhone 6' allegedly shown, measured in new video
- Apple 'not likely' to ship redesigned power adapter, Lightning cable with 'iPhone 6'
- Apple's secret iPhone 6 digital payment system said to also include Visa & MasterCard
- Apple reportedly inks deal with American Express for 'iPhone 6' payment system
- Alleged 'iPhone 6' NFC chip and working hardware shown in latest leaks