Friday, September 21, 2012, 04:13 pm
Starbucks promises support for iOS 6 Passbook at end of SeptemberThe official Starbucks application for iPhone will be updated at the end of September to add support for Passbook in iOS 6.
The update on Passbook support from Starbucks was revealed on the coffee chain's official Twitter account on Friday, as noticed by iDownloadblog. Once the update is made available, customers will be able to access their Starbucks store card through Passbook when visiting one of the chain's retail locations.
Starbucks support has been shown by Apple in demonstrations of Passbook and iOS 6. But when iOS 6 became available for download this week, the coffee maker was not among the list of companies supporting Passbook at launch.
In fact, the initial list of Passbook supported apps in the iOS 6 App Store is missing a number of companies that had been advertised, including Apple's own retail store application. Since Wednesday, support for Target, American Airlines and United Airlines have been added, but Delta Airlines, Amtrak, W Hotels, and Starwood Hotels remain missing.
On Topic: iPhone
- IDC gives Apple 9% of Chinese smartphone market, double the prevailing growth rate
- New patent lawsuit targets Apple over iPhone 5's call forwarding feature
- Researchers crack default iPhone Personal Hotspot passwords in under a minute
- Leaked schematics reveal what case makers expect Apple's low-cost iPhone & 'iPhone 5S' will look like
- High resolution images claim to show 'iPhone 5S' and iPhone 5 display assemblies side-by-side