Starbucks promises support for iOS 6 Passbook at end of SeptemberThe official Starbucks application for iPhone will be updated at the end of September to add support for Passbook in iOS 6.
The update on Passbook support from Starbucks was revealed on the coffee chain's official Twitter account on Friday, as noticed by iDownloadblog. Once the update is made available, customers will be able to access their Starbucks store card through Passbook when visiting one of the chain's retail locations.
Starbucks support has been shown by Apple in demonstrations of Passbook and iOS 6. But when iOS 6 became available for download this week, the coffee maker was not among the list of companies supporting Passbook at launch.
In fact, the initial list of Passbook supported apps in the iOS 6 App Store is missing a number of companies that had been advertised, including Apple's own retail store application. Since Wednesday, support for Target, American Airlines and United Airlines have been added, but Delta Airlines, Amtrak, W Hotels, and Starwood Hotels remain missing.
On Topic: iPhone
- Alleged 'iPhone 7' packaging reaffirms 32GB model, Lightning to Headphone Jack Adapter in the box
- BMW adds Apple's CarPlay as $300 upgrade for most models
- DxO One iPhone camera gets new Wi-Fi modes, lens & outdoor accessories
- Latest rumor pegs secure iris scanner for Apple's 2017 iPhone
- Mirle readying equipment for curved glass chassis on 2017 iPhones - report