Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 11:40 am PT (02:40 pm ET)
Apple removes iPod Socks from online storeiPod Socks, a cloth accessory that Apple has sold for years to protect its portable music players, have been removed from the company's online store.
A reader alerted AppleInsider to the disappearance of the product on Wednesday. It's unclear exactly when the product was removed from the Apple Store, however a Google search still returns a link to Apple's online store as the first result.
The iPod Socks were first introduced by Apple in 2004. They came in a pack of six colorful sleeves that were meant to hold an iPod of any size, and protect it from scratches.
On Topic: iPod
- Twelve years ago today Apple began selling iPod
- Apple's new 'space gray' color option shown off in iPod nano video
- The iPhone Patent Wars: Early patent skirmishes of Apple, Inc., in pictures
- Flex cable claimed to be from Apple's 6th-gen iPod touch hints at 2013 update
- Teardown of Apple's new 16GB iPod touch finds few changes from other 5th-gen models