Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 02:40 pm
Apple removes iPod Socks from online storeiPod Socks, a cloth accessory that Apple has sold for years to protect its portable music players, have been removed from the company's online store.
A reader alerted AppleInsider to the disappearance of the product on Wednesday. It's unclear exactly when the product was removed from the Apple Store, however a Google search still returns a link to Apple's online store as the first result.
The iPod Socks were first introduced by Apple in 2004. They came in a pack of six colorful sleeves that were meant to hold an iPod of any size, and protect it from scratches.
On Topic: iPod
- Apple's online store now offering refurbed 7th Generation iPod Nanos, cheaper refurbed iPads
- Apple Online Store now offering refurbished 5th-gen iPod touch for $240
- Rumor: Ex-Adobe exec Kevin Lynch heading Apple team of former iPod employees
- Apple now collecting twice as much from iTunes, software & services as from iPod sales
- Users experiencing issues updating 5th-gen iPod touch to iOS 6.1