Apple removes iPod Socks from online storeiPod Socks, a cloth accessory that Apple has sold for years to protect its portable music players, have been removed from the company's online store.
A reader alerted AppleInsider to the disappearance of the product on Wednesday. It's unclear exactly when the product was removed from the Apple Store, however a Google search still returns a link to Apple's online store as the first result.
The iPod Socks were first introduced by Apple in 2004. They came in a pack of six colorful sleeves that were meant to hold an iPod of any size, and protect it from scratches.
On Topic: iPod
- Promotional images suggest Apple's new iPod colors will launch July 14
- Apple leaks new gold, deep blue and hot pink iPod colors in iTunes 12.2
- iPod's disappearance from top of Apple website signals further slide into obscurity
- Apple's dwindling iPod lineup to see long-awaited refresh this year
- Chess grandmaster hid an iPod touch in the bathroom to cheat during tournaments