Apple says iOS 6.0 installed on 200 million devices in just 5 weeksThe new iOS 6 mobile operating system is now installed on more than 200 million iPhones, iPads and iPod touches, Apple announced on Tuesday.
Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said it's the fastest upgrade rate of any software in history that his company is aware of.
He also revealed that over the last year, customers have sent more than 300 billion iMessages, and 28,000 per second are being sent.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple Pay launches at 200K self-service stations, including parking, laundry & vending machines
- Briefly: Apple TV gains 120 Sports channel, Twitter adds group messaging
- Apple Inc's once slower Q2 now getting a boost from China's Lunar New Year holiday
- Canalys says Apple sold more smartphones in China than any other brand over the holidays
- Apple develops sensor-laden glass to monitor, analyze device treatment