Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 01:41 pm
Apple says its sold 100 million iPads in less than two yearsSales of the iPad have topped 100 million in less than two years, Apple announced on Tuesday.
Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said the sales are "unprecedented for a new product in a new category." He noted that Apple sold more iPads in the June quarter than any PC maker sold of their entire PC lineup.
Cook also revealed that 94 percent of the Fortune 500 companies are now testing or deploying the iPad.
On Topic: iPad
- Prime minister visits Apple HQ as Turkey ponders 10.6M-tablet buy for education
- Rumor: Production of Apple's 33% lighter fifth-gen iPad to begin in July
- US Air Force expects to save $50M with use of 18K Apple iPads
- Rumor: LG, Sharp & AUO gearing up to build displays for Apple's next iPad mini
- ABC updates iOS app with live streams of all programming in select markets