Apple says its sold 100 million iPads in less than two yearsSales of the iPad have topped 100 million in less than two years, Apple announced on Tuesday.
Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said the sales are "unprecedented for a new product in a new category." He noted that Apple sold more iPads in the June quarter than any PC maker sold of their entire PC lineup.
Cook also revealed that 94 percent of the Fortune 500 companies are now testing or deploying the iPad.
On Topic: iPad
- I Bet My Life: Microsoft HoloLens perfectly targets its core competency
- How AMD and Nvidia lost the mobile GPU chip business to Apple -- with help from Samsung and Google
- Apple exploring smarter Smart Cover, new gesture controls for iPad
- How Intel lost the mobile chip business to Apple's Ax ARM Application Processors
- KGI: Apple likely to launch simple stylus to enhance upcoming 12.9-inch iPad user experience; advanced model with 3D handwriting due later