Apple says its sold 100 million iPads in less than two yearsSales of the iPad have topped 100 million in less than two years, Apple announced on Tuesday.
Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said the sales are "unprecedented for a new product in a new category." He noted that Apple sold more iPads in the June quarter than any PC maker sold of their entire PC lineup.
Cook also revealed that 94 percent of the Fortune 500 companies are now testing or deploying the iPad.
On Topic: iPad
- MacMall's Black Friday iPad sale now live: up to $75 off iPad Air 2, $30 off iPad mini 3
- Best Buy jumpstarts Black Friday sales with early $75 discount on all iPad mini 3 models, up to $200 off iPad mini 2
- IDC: Tablet market suffers massive slowdown in 2014, Apple's iPad not immune
- Review: BrydgeAir keyboard makes your iPad Air feel like a 'MacBook mini'
- Nokia channels Apple's iPad mini with new N1 Android tablet for China