Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 10:41 am PT (01:41 pm ET)
Apple says its sold 100 million iPads in less than two yearsSales of the iPad have topped 100 million in less than two years, Apple announced on Tuesday.
Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said the sales are "unprecedented for a new product in a new category." He noted that Apple sold more iPads in the June quarter than any PC maker sold of their entire PC lineup.
Cook also revealed that 94 percent of the Fortune 500 companies are now testing or deploying the iPad.
On Topic: iPad
- As iPad sales decline, Apple remains bullish on future of tablet market
- Apple's iPad reaches 78% North American tablet share as Amazon's Kindle Fire passes Samsung, Google
- Lenovo axes small Windows tablets in the US after struggling to compete with Apple's iPad mini [u]
- What Apple, Inc. gets from its new iOS partnership with IBM
- Mobile shopping to reach near $50B in 2014 as Apple, Inc. iPad retains 80 percent share of online orders