Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 10:41 am PT (01:41 pm ET)
Apple says its sold 100 million iPads in less than two yearsSales of the iPad have topped 100 million in less than two years, Apple announced on Tuesday.
Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said the sales are "unprecedented for a new product in a new category." He noted that Apple sold more iPads in the June quarter than any PC maker sold of their entire PC lineup.
Cook also revealed that 94 percent of the Fortune 500 companies are now testing or deploying the iPad.
On Topic: iPad
- Review: FiftyThree's Pencil Bluetooth stylus
- Upgraders jumpstart Apple's 'iPad Christmas' with 175% surge in trade-ins of old iPads for cash
- iPad agreement between Apple & China Mobile predicted to follow iPhone launch
- Black Friday propels iPad Air growth by 51%, iPhone 5c surges 26%
- Rumor: Apple considering 12.9-inch iPads with 2K and 4K resolutions for 2014 launch