Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 10:41 am PT (01:41 pm ET)
Apple says its sold 100 million iPads in less than two yearsSales of the iPad have topped 100 million in less than two years, Apple announced on Tuesday.
Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said the sales are "unprecedented for a new product in a new category." He noted that Apple sold more iPads in the June quarter than any PC maker sold of their entire PC lineup.
Cook also revealed that 94 percent of the Fortune 500 companies are now testing or deploying the iPad.
On Topic: iPad
- Apple will re-bid on nixed $1 billion LA Unified School District iPad contract
- Cook says tablet sales slump is 'speed bump,' looks toward future growth
- Rumor: Apple's jumbo-sized 12.9-inch iPad in the works for early 2015 debut
- Minnesota school district set to roll Apple's iPad out to 40,000 students
- LA Unified School District suspends iPad deal, faces accusations that officials had close ties with Apple