Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 04:08 pm PT (07:08 pm ET)
Apple posts official iPhone 5 launch day video to websiteApple quietly added a compilation video of iPhone 5 launch day events from across the globe to its dedicated iPhone webpage last week, with the short two-minute long film chronicling the handset's nine-country debut.
The video, now available on Apple's iPhone 5 webpage, is more of a celebration of the launch and less of an ad, however certain features like iCloud integration and the new Panorama picture function in iOS 6 are highlighted throughout.
Although the video has yet to be uploaded to Apple's official YouTube channel, a number of stream rips have made their way to the ubiquitous online video sharing site.
Source: bouvanrooij123's YouTube channel.
The iPhone 5 launched on Sept. 21 in nine countries to overwhelming demand, with Apple opening up sales to an additional 22 countries a week later. Supply is still constrained for the popular handset, but Apple is scheduled to rollout sales in at least eight more nations on Nov. 2.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon