Apple releases iOS 6.0.1 to fix screen, camera flash and Exchange issuesApple on Thursday issued iOS 6.0.1 for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, a minor update that addresses a number of small bugs, including a screen glitch that would appear with the onscreen keyboard and an issue that would cause the camera flash to not go off.
iOS 6.0.1 is now available to download through the system's Software Update, or through iTunes. The full list of changes included in the software, according to Apple, are:
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air.
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard.
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off.
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks.
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances.
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match.
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen.
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings.
Word of an iOS 6.0.1 update first surfaced last month when it was said the software was in testing with Apple's carrier partners for the iPhone. That same report claimed that iOS 6.1, a more significant update for the mobile operating system, will arrive after the holidays.
AppleInsider last month highlighted the iOS 6 keyboard graphical glitch, which occasionally shows screen distortion when entering an Apple ID password. The issue is only cosmetic and appears to be limited to the iPhone 5.
Issues related to Wi-Fi with iOS 6 were also widely reported since the launch of the software update in September. In particular, iPhone 4S and third-generation iPad users have said that they have experienced disabled Wi-Fi connectivity.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple's iOS clinches 78.3% of U.S. mobile online shopping over Thanksgiving, 360% more than Android
- Apple rumored to ditch headphone jack on 'iPhone 7' for Lightning connector audio
- Apple planning jump to OLED for 2018 iPhones, report claims
- T-Mobile offers $200 per line for Sprint customers who switch this holiday
- Apple, China UnionPay have 'preliminary' agreement on Apple Pay, report says