Apple seeds iOS 6.1 beta 4, plus new Apple TV and Xcode betas to developersApple on Monday supplied its developer community with fresh betas of iOS 6.1, Xcode 4.6, and Apple TV software.
iOS 6.1 beta 4 is now available to developers as an over-the-air update. The pre-release update, identified as build 10B5126b, can be accessed in the Settings application by those already running iOS 6.1 beta software.
The latest beta version of iOS 6.1 is said to contain bug fixes and improvements. It is not finalized and is not available to the public.
In addition, Xcode 4.6 Preview 4 and Apple TV software update beta 3 were also supplied to developers on Monday. In addition to Software Update, they can also be accessed from Apple's developer website.
The latest release of iOS 6.1 comes two weeks after the third beta was supplied to developers, labeled as 10B5117b. That update prompted users to enter security questions for iCloud once their device boots up, while earlier betas of iOS 6.1 added the ability to purchase movie tickets through Fandango with Siri.
The first two betas of iOS 6.1 also featured an enhanced Map Kit framework that will allow developers to search for map-based addresses in points of interest. In one example provided to developers, users could search the term "coffee," and the system would return the location of local coffee bars along with information about each one.
On Topic: iPhone
- iPhone sales surge in Q1 on strong China, emerging market performance
- Google opens Inbox access, brings Cardboard to iOS, updates Places API and Maps
- Todoist comes to Apple Watch, Moleskine launches Timepage calendar app for Watch & iPhone
- Avago to acquire major Apple supplier Broadcom for $37 billion
- Chevrolet to add CarPlay support to 14 vehicles for 2016 model year