Friday, December 21, 2012, 04:57 am PT (07:57 am ET)
Some users report iPhone 5 battery life issues with iOS 6.0.2Apple's newly released iOS 6.0.2 update for the iPhone 5 and iPad mini may have resolved some Wi-Fi issues, but some users say it seems to have also reduced their battery life.
A handful of readers reached out to AppleInsider to say they have noticed poorer battery life on their iPhone after upgrading to iOS 6.0.2. Specifically, one reader said they noticed their battery draining "substantially faster."
In addition, a small number of users have created a thread at Apple's official support forums (via Ars Technica) to share their own evidence of battery problems with iOS 6.0.2.
"It is absolutely draining my battery," user 'atdguy' wrote. "I can usually get through a day with about 75% of my battery power remaining. Today I've gone through 90% and I've done nothing special with it."
Others posting at Apple's site said that the release of iOS 6.0.2 actually introduced Wi-Fi connectivity issues for them. The software update, released on Tuesday, was intended to address previous Wi-Fi bugs for the iPhone and iPad mini.
All of the users who commented or e-mailed say they are experiencing the battery drain issues with their iPhone 5. There was no mention of iOS 6.0.2 battery problems with the iPad mini.
On Topic: iPhone
- Despite faster A8, higher pixel count of iPhone 6 Plus drives lower FPS benchmarks
- Apple's iPhone 6 to arrive in China on Oct. 17 after receiving regulatory license [u]
- Going big: a review of Apple's new 4.7" iPhone 6 vs. the 5.5" iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple expected to begin selling iPhone 6 in China on October 10
- Adapting to change: a review of Apple's larger 4.7-inch iPhone 6 vs. the smaller 4-inch iPhone 5s