Friday, December 21, 2012, 04:57 am PT (07:57 am ET)
Some users report iPhone 5 battery life issues with iOS 6.0.2Apple's newly released iOS 6.0.2 update for the iPhone 5 and iPad mini may have resolved some Wi-Fi issues, but some users say it seems to have also reduced their battery life.
A handful of readers reached out to AppleInsider to say they have noticed poorer battery life on their iPhone after upgrading to iOS 6.0.2. Specifically, one reader said they noticed their battery draining "substantially faster."
In addition, a small number of users have created a thread at Apple's official support forums (via Ars Technica) to share their own evidence of battery problems with iOS 6.0.2.
"It is absolutely draining my battery," user 'atdguy' wrote. "I can usually get through a day with about 75% of my battery power remaining. Today I've gone through 90% and I've done nothing special with it."
Others posting at Apple's site said that the release of iOS 6.0.2 actually introduced Wi-Fi connectivity issues for them. The software update, released on Tuesday, was intended to address previous Wi-Fi bugs for the iPhone and iPad mini.
All of the users who commented or e-mailed say they are experiencing the battery drain issues with their iPhone 5. There was no mention of iOS 6.0.2 battery problems with the iPad mini.
On Topic: iPhone
- Bank of America glitch charges some Apple Pay customers twice, error will be fixed & users reimbursed
- AppleInsider 2.0 for iPhone and iPad now available as free downloads from Apple's App Store
- MasterCard pushes Apple Pay with new 'Priceless Surprises' TV ads
- Rumor: Apple Pay loyalty program could launch in time for Christmas
- Apple Pay already works internationally, but only with US credit cards