Asia-only 'Red Friday' sale announced on Apple's online storeWhile details of the sale have yet to be revealed, Apple on Tuesday announced that its so-called "Red Friday" sale will take place on Jan. 25 in celebration of the Lunar New Year.
The announcement of the one-day sale comes just hours after an update brought Valentine's Day-themed advertisements to Apple's U.S. and international online storefronts.
The exact nature of the discounts and which products they apply to has yet to be announced, though last year's Red Friday sale saw price cuts to certain Macs, iPads, iPods and Apple accessories.
As with the Valentine's Day special, Apple is providing free laser engraving for iPods or iPads purchased through the Online Apple Store as well as free shipping.
Apple recently initiated installment payments in China for iPhones and MacBooks, allowing customers to spread out payments at staggered interest rates for up to two years.
On Topic: General
- Apple invents active shutter system to protect iPhones from liquid, contaminants
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Pencil, official Apple Watch dock and safe payments practices
- Apple airs 2015 Christmas TV ad starring Stevie Wonder & Andra Daye
- Apple confirms acquisition of motion capture firm Faceshift
- DisneyLife online streaming service launches in UK with iOS & Apple TV support