iPad mini shipments rumored to hit 12 million in Q1 2013Apple's component supply chain may have managed to resolve supply issues, as new reports out of China have production ramping up for the iPad mini as well as the shortage-plagued new iMac.
The report comes by way of CCIDNet, which cited industry source claims that iPad mini supply constraints have been overcome. Those sources expect first quarter iPad mini shipments to reach about 11 million units.
Likewise, the source claims that Apple's suppliers have solved the new iMac bottleneck, and shipments of Apple's all-in-one desktop can be expected to increase in the first quarter.
This second report is somewhat troublesome, as CCIDNet's account puts iMac shipments at 14 million units for the first quarter, while Apple shipped only about 4.4 million Macs total last quarter. The figure may be the result of a typo or mistranslation.
The amount may be in question, but the report itself seems somewhat supported by previous indicators. Last week, shipping times for the iPad mini began dropping to 3-5 business days, indicating that supply may be catching up to demand. Last week also brought reports that the assembling conformity rate for the new iMacs had been improved, with suppliers predicting better supply and stronger sales.
On Topic: iMac
- Killer iMac 5K Deal: Free AppleCare, Free Canon PIXMA AIO printer and $50-$150 off
- Deals: $74 off iPad Air 2s, iMac 5K with free AppleCare, 20% off 'designed by m' cases, iPhones from $99
- Deals: Free Apple Magic Mouse and the lowest prices anywhere on every MacBook + AppleCare bundle; iMacs & Mac Pros too
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus ship times drop to one day, Retina 5K iMac back in stock
- It's Back: Free Apple TV and the lowest prices anywhere on every MacBook + AppleCare bundle (save $200-$800); iMacs & Mac Pros too