League of Legends comes to the Mac in beta formPopular online multiplayer PC game League of Legends has made the leap to Apple's Mac OS X platform, in the form of an open beta released on Friday.
Gamers can download the free beta from the official League of Legends site. The title already has 32 million active players based on the Windows PC version.
The beta includes a fully native game client, allowing Mac players to enjoy the same service as PC players. All features, bug fixes, and new content will be available at the same time to both Mac and PC players.
Developer Riot has encouraged new players to submit any feedback to help craft the best possible experience for Mac players.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple's Mac reaches 9.2% share on the web as Windows PC use sinks to new low
- iMovie for Mac updates with quicker project launch, better range selection
- Microsoft appears to be copying Apple's 2014 Continuity Handoff feature for Windows PCs
- Apple's website hints 'OS X' to be rebranded as 'MacOS'
- How to install and run Mac apps that don't come from the Mac App Store