Friday, March 01, 2013, 11:24 am PT (02:24 pm ET)
League of Legends comes to the Mac in beta formPopular online multiplayer PC game League of Legends has made the leap to Apple's Mac OS X platform, in the form of an open beta released on Friday.
Gamers can download the free beta from the official League of Legends site. The title already has 32 million active players based on the Windows PC version.
The beta includes a fully native game client, allowing Mac players to enjoy the same service as PC players. All features, bug fixes, and new content will be available at the same time to both Mac and PC players.
Developer Riot has encouraged new players to submit any feedback to help craft the best possible experience for Mac players.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple, Inc's double digit U.S. Mac growth contradicts IDC & Gartner reports of a Mac sales slump
- Public beta launch nearly doubles OS X 10.10 Yosemite adoption despite download issues
- Apple makes first OS X Yosemite public beta available on the Mac App Store
- Apple issues new Safari betas for OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion with minor changes
- Apple to release first public beta of OS X Yosemite on Thursday