Friday, March 01, 2013, 11:24 am PT (02:24 pm ET)
League of Legends comes to the Mac in beta formPopular online multiplayer PC game League of Legends has made the leap to Apple's Mac OS X platform, in the form of an open beta released on Friday.
Gamers can download the free beta from the official League of Legends site. The title already has 32 million active players based on the Windows PC version.
The beta includes a fully native game client, allowing Mac players to enjoy the same service as PC players. All features, bug fixes, and new content will be available at the same time to both Mac and PC players.
Developer Riot has encouraged new players to submit any feedback to help craft the best possible experience for Mac players.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks with reliability enhancements, includes Safari 7.0.6
- Apple releases new OS X Yosemite betas for developers, public beta participants
- Apple Watch, AirDrop, iBeacon & Continuity coax advanced features from Bluetooth & WiFi
- VMWare releases Fusion 7 with support for OS X Yosemite and Retina optimization
- Apple issues first iCloud for Windows beta with iCloud Drive support