Friday, March 01, 2013, 11:24 am PT (02:24 pm ET)
League of Legends comes to the Mac in beta formPopular online multiplayer PC game League of Legends has made the leap to Apple's Mac OS X platform, in the form of an open beta released on Friday.
Gamers can download the free beta from the official League of Legends site. The title already has 32 million active players based on the Windows PC version.
The beta includes a fully native game client, allowing Mac players to enjoy the same service as PC players. All features, bug fixes, and new content will be available at the same time to both Mac and PC players.
Developer Riot has encouraged new players to submit any feedback to help craft the best possible experience for Mac players.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Getting the most out of the revamped OS X Spotlight search in Yosemite
- Mac users report Bluetooth lag & connection issues after updating to OS X Yosemite
- Get your Mac online anywhere easily with OS X Yosemite's new Instant Hotspot iPhone tethering feature
- How to send and receive SMS text messages in OS X Yosemite
- Using widgets in OS X Yosemite's new Notification Center