We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
PebbleOS updated with third-party watchface support and iOS bug fixesThe Pebble team on Friday issued version 1.1 of PebbleOS, bringing a variety of bug fixes and improvements to the Bluetooth-connected smartwatch.
In addition to the boatload of bug fixes and operating improvements, the new firmware, announced on the company's blog, allows Pebble owners to use third-party watchfaces. When the device originally launched in January as a result of a wildly successful Kickstarter backing initiative, only six display options were available, running the gamut from a regular analog face to more unique designs like text readouts.
PebbleOS v1.1 also resolves a number of issues relating to power-management, crashes and syncing. Enhancements include faster performance, an option to disable the backlight via a wrist gesture and greater control of the vibrator motor.
From the Release Notes:
AppleInsider reviewed Pebble and found it to be worth the $150 price of entry.
On Topic: General
- First look: DJI touts Mavic Pro drone's compact design, spotlights continued partnership with Apple
- DJI launches ultraportable iOS-connected Mavic Pro camera drone for $999
- Apple patents laser mapping system, hybrid mechanical-capacitive keyboard, invisible I/O connectors
- Apple, Silicon Valley raised millions to fund Hillary Clinton platform backing tech's positions on encryption, privacy, innovation, patents, education
- Disney said to be weighing Twitter purchase to bolster online video efforts