Friday, April 12, 2013, 04:19 pm PT (07:19 pm ET)
PebbleOS updated with third-party watchface support and iOS bug fixesThe Pebble team on Friday issued version 1.1 of PebbleOS, bringing a variety of bug fixes and improvements to the Bluetooth-connected smartwatch.
In addition to the boatload of bug fixes and operating improvements, the new firmware, announced on the company's blog, allows Pebble owners to use third-party watchfaces. When the device originally launched in January as a result of a wildly successful Kickstarter backing initiative, only six display options were available, running the gamut from a regular analog face to more unique designs like text readouts.
PebbleOS v1.1 also resolves a number of issues relating to power-management, crashes and syncing. Enhancements include faster performance, an option to disable the backlight via a wrist gesture and greater control of the vibrator motor.
From the Release Notes:
AppleInsider reviewed Pebble and found it to be worth the $150 price of entry.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook visits Foxconn iPhone factory on China 'road trip'
- Apple to drop SSL 3.0 support for push notifications on Oct. 29 due to POODLE vulnerability
- Rare working Apple I goes for record-smashing $905,000 at auction
- Apple avoids $94M patent infringement suit leveled by patent troll GPNE
- Leak suggests new Fitbit Surge smartwatch will best Apple Watch by integrating GPS