PebbleOS updated with third-party watchface support and iOS bug fixesThe Pebble team on Friday issued version 1.1 of PebbleOS, bringing a variety of bug fixes and improvements to the Bluetooth-connected smartwatch.
In addition to the boatload of bug fixes and operating improvements, the new firmware, announced on the company's blog, allows Pebble owners to use third-party watchfaces. When the device originally launched in January as a result of a wildly successful Kickstarter backing initiative, only six display options were available, running the gamut from a regular analog face to more unique designs like text readouts.
PebbleOS v1.1 also resolves a number of issues relating to power-management, crashes and syncing. Enhancements include faster performance, an option to disable the backlight via a wrist gesture and greater control of the vibrator motor.
From the Release Notes:
AppleInsider reviewed Pebble and found it to be worth the $150 price of entry.
On Topic: General
- Kate Winslet, others rumored to join cast of upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Led by Whole Foods shoppers, Apple Pay accounted for 1% of digital payment dollars in November
- Apple slams BBC report on suppliers, says provided facts were 'clearly missing' from broadcast
- Apple CEO Tim Cook gives 'substantial' sum to gay rights initiative
- Undercover video shows alleged worker rights violations at Apple supplier