Friday, April 12, 2013, 04:19 pm PT (07:19 pm ET)
PebbleOS updated with third-party watchface support and iOS bug fixesThe Pebble team on Friday issued version 1.1 of PebbleOS, bringing a variety of bug fixes and improvements to the Bluetooth-connected smartwatch.
In addition to the boatload of bug fixes and operating improvements, the new firmware, announced on the company's blog, allows Pebble owners to use third-party watchfaces. When the device originally launched in January as a result of a wildly successful Kickstarter backing initiative, only six display options were available, running the gamut from a regular analog face to more unique designs like text readouts.
PebbleOS v1.1 also resolves a number of issues relating to power-management, crashes and syncing. Enhancements include faster performance, an option to disable the backlight via a wrist gesture and greater control of the vibrator motor.
From the Release Notes:
AppleInsider reviewed Pebble and found it to be worth the $150 price of entry.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon