Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 12:12 am PT (03:12 am ET)
Parody biopic "iSteve" release delayed due to Boston bombingComedy website Funny or Die pushed back the debut of its parody Steve Jobs biopic "iSteve" in observance of the Boston Marathon bombing on Monday, saying the short film will see release on April 17.
Dubbed as the "biopic poking fun at biopics," the project was slated to air on Funny or Die today, but instead the site put an informational banner link on its homepage leading viewers to a Red Cross webpage dedicated to the the tragedy in Boston. The premiere has been rescheduled to Wednesday.
"iSteve" stars Justin Long (Dodgeball, Jeepers Creepers) as Jobs, with Jorge Garcia (Lost) taking on the role of Steve Wozniak. Long was previously a large part of Apple's "Get a Mac" ad campaign, playing an embodiment of a "Mac" opposite John Hodgman's "PC" character.
With the theatrical debut of the Ashton Kutcher vehicle "Jobs" delayed, "iSteve" will be the first movie about the Apple cofounder to see wide release. A Sony-backed film penned by "The Social Network" scribe Aaron Sorkin is years away from completion.
On Topic: General
- Apple's mysterious 2-story structure at site of Sept. 9 event drives frenzy even further
- Apple announces Sept. 9 event for expected 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' unveiling: 'Wish we could say more'
- Apple wins patent for Steve Jobs-designed Fifth Ave glass cube
- LG and Samsung announce new smartwatches ahead of Apple's anticipated 'iWatch' reveal [u]
- Judge denies Apple injunction against Samsung devices in second California patent trial