Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 05:30 am PT (08:30 am ET)
Apple taking the wraps off its first Berlin retail storeApple's latest retail store, and its first in the city of Berlin, is nearing completion, as employees have begun removing the scaffolding in front of the construction.
The new Apple Store in Berlin is set to open next month, and on Wednesday workers began removing the black, concealing temporary wall that has existed in front of the shop. Pictures of the project were provided by AppleInsider reader Mikey Fritz.
Apple's new Berlin store will be its biggest in Germany. The site used to be home to a movie theater in the city's Ku'damm 26 district.
Ku'damm is the city's most expensive shopping district, located in West Berlin. Apple's new store will be located across from the Hard Rock Cafe.
In recent years, Apple has focused its attention on expanding its highly trafficked retail stores overseas. As of the end of its last quarter, Apple had an average of 396 open retail stores, which hosted a record 121 million visitors during the three-month span.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook visits Foxconn iPhone factory on China 'road trip'
- Apple to drop SSL 3.0 support for push notifications on Oct. 29 due to POODLE vulnerability
- Rare working Apple I goes for record-smashing $905,000 at auction
- Apple avoids $94M patent infringement suit leveled by patent troll GPNE
- Leak suggests new Fitbit Surge smartwatch will best Apple Watch by integrating GPS