Twitterrific updated with notification badges, Favstar integrationPopular Twitter app Twitterrific received a healthy update on Monday, adding push notification alerts with app badges, Favstar tracker support and performance enhancements.
Twitterrific version 5.2.1 for iPhone and iPad brings a host of bug fixes and tweaks to make the app more reliable and user friendly, but perhaps the biggest change is in-app support for push notifications.
Previously, Twitterrific relied on the third-party push service Boxcar for tweet alerts. The app's new integration with Notification Center in iOS offers a more stable means for users to stay up to date with replies, mentions and direct messages. The implementation also allows for the introduction of app badges, which, when tweets are read, automatically clear themselves from Notification Center.
in addition to the new push support, Twitterrific now includes Favstar integration. Favstar pages can be accessed from a user's profile or through a tap-and-hold gesture on their avatar. Per-tweet tracking can also be viewed through the "more actions" menu.
Finally, Twitter trends get a dedicated section in the app's sidebar, offering quick access to hot topics and discussions.
From the release notes:
- Faster tweet loading time
- Search interface remembers last selected tab
- Support for Twitter stock symbols ($AAPL, etc)
- New tweet count stays on screen until the timeline is scrolled
- Home timeline auto-refreshes when posting a new tweet or DM
- Automatic theme changing now based on dawn/dusk at your location
- Compose gesture: one-finger swipe left/right to adjust cursor
- VoiceOver now speaks hint text at the bottom of settings panel
- VoiceOver now speaks muffled tweet descriptions
- Holding timeline position improved when using VoiceOver
- Photo viewer can be dismissed using VoiceOver's two-finger Z gesture
- Muffled hash tags are now case insensitive
- Buttons in settings are now easier to tap
- Corrected display bugs during pull-to-refresh
- Fixed a bug that prevented Readability from turning off
- Tweets at the top of the timeline are easier to swipe
- User links in emailed tweets now properly point to the user's profile
- Fixed various bugs that caused the timeline to jump to top unexpectedly
- Compose displays correctly when using foreign language keyboards on iPad
- Additional fixes & improvements
Twitterrific is a 5.2MB universal app and can be purchased from the App Store for $2.99.
On Topic: App Store
- Facebook removes 'Paper' newsreader app from iOS App Store, to discontinue service
- Apple gives away iPhone drawing app 'Procreate Pocket' through Apple Store app
- Sioeye iPhone-connected sports camera streams live via LTE, includes 5GB free with T-Mobile
- New Chinese rules say Apple's App Store must track identities of users, developers
- Apple's iTunes, App Store, iBooks Store suffer unscheduled downtime [ux2]