Apple brings push notifications and iPhone upgrade pricing alerts to Apple Store iOS appApple brings push notifications and iPhone upgrade pricing alerts to Apple Store iOS app
Apple on Tuesday updated its Apple Store iOS app with a push notification system for deliveries and a U.S.-only option that alerts users of iPhone upgrade pricing eligibility.
The small update brings the Apple Store app up to version 2.6 and adds push notification services to the title, a much-welcomed feature for those looking to manage purchases and deliveries in one place.
Perhaps most interesting is the addition of an iPhone upgrade eligibility tool which, as seen above, allows users to set notifications that will automatically alert them when their respective cellular accounts are eligible for subsidized iPhone prices. This feature is currently restricted to U.S. customers only.
From the release notes:
- Choose to receive notifications that let you know exactly when youre eligible for upgrade pricing on a new iPhone. And since all you need to complete the order is your Apple ID and password, buying your new iPhone is fast and easy (US only).
- Stay on top of your delivery with notifications. Well let you know when your order ships, keep you informed of any updates, and notify you when its delivered.
Apple Store for iOS is a 6.1MB free download from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Apple's iOS App Store now generating 4x revenues per app vs Android Google Play
- Pixelmator image editor gets powerful selection tools in iOS app update
- Pokemon Go update fixes login problems, sponsored game content coming soon
- European expansion of Pokemon Go commences with launch in Germany
- Pokemon GO is earning Apple's App Store 3x as much money as Nintendo