Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 12:47 pm PT (03:47 pm ET)
Apple's online store now offering refurbed 7th Generation iPod Nanos, cheaper refurbed iPadsCustomers interested in saving a bit on an iPod nano or iPad are in luck, as Apple's online store has begun offering refurbished models of both devices at a significant discount.
Refurbished iPod nanos and third-generation iPads are now available in Apple's online store, with the iPads available for up to 29 percent off. The third-generation iPads replaced after six months with the fourth-generation models range from $409 for a 16GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model to $579 for a 64GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model.
The third-generation iPad packs a 9.7-inch Retina display, Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, and a dual-core A5X chip. It is not out-the-box compatible with Apple's Lightning connector standard.
The refurbished current generation iPod nanos are available in a range of colors for $129. Each comes with 16GB of storage, Bluetooth 4.0, and Lightning compatibility. They also include a built-in FM radio with a Live Pause feature.
Apple is still offering refurbished models of the iPad 2 as well. The second generation iPad model comes with a dual-core A5 chip, Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity, and a non-Retina display. Units range from $349 for a 16GB Wi-Fi + 3G model to $529 for a 64GB Wi-Fi + 3G model.
On Topic: iPod
- Twelve years ago today Apple began selling iPod
- Apple's new 'space gray' color option shown off in iPod nano video
- The iPhone Patent Wars: Early patent skirmishes of Apple, Inc., in pictures
- Flex cable claimed to be from Apple's 6th-gen iPod touch hints at 2013 update
- Teardown of Apple's new 16GB iPod touch finds few changes from other 5th-gen models