Vudu Player for iOS update brings movie and TV show download supportVideo-on-demand service Vudu on Monday rolled out a major update to its Vudu Player iOS app, granting users the ability to download movies and TV shows directly onto an Apple device for offline viewing.
With Vudu Player version 2.0, both iPhone and iPad owners can purchase and download Vudu and Ultraviolet content straight to their devices, negating the need for an Internet connection.
While the Vudu for iOS update comes months after an Android version gave users access to digital downloads, the Apple-specific version allows for tablet viewing, something noticeably absent from the iteration made for Google's mobile platform.
Alongside offline viewing, Vudu Player now supports closed captioning for the iPhone and the usual bug fixes and performance improvements.
Vudu Player for iOS comes in at 5.3MB and can be downloaded for free from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Firefox for iOS preview launches in New Zealand, to hit App Store by year's end
- Apple launches new gaming-centric Twitter account ahead of expected Apple TV refresh
- Judge denies Apple a retrial in Smartflash suit, but upholds decision to toss $533M damages against Apple
- Facebook, casual games dominate list of most popular iOS apps of all time
- LinkedIn overhauls mobile & Web messaging functions, Instagram makes enhancements to Direct