Former Gartner analyst Michael Gartenberg joins Apple marketingMichael Gartenberg, a longtime industry analyst who most recently covered technology for Gartner, has taken a job on Apple's marketing team working under executive Phil Schiller.
Gartenberg's new position at Apple was first reported on Wednesday by Connie Guglielmo of Forbes. Aside from his position in marketing under Schiller, it's unknown exactly what role he will take at the Cupertino, Calif., company.
The analyst previously had a brief stint as an evangelist with Microsoft in 2007, but that role only lasted a month. He is one of the most well-known analysts in the tech industry.
In other roles, Gartenberg was an analyst and partner at Altimeter Group, vice president of strategy at Interpret LLC, and research director at Jupiter Research. He's also served on the board of directors for the Consumer Electronics Association, which runs the annual Consumer Electronics Show.
Other high-profile hires made by Apple this year include Kevin Lynch, former chief technology officer at Adobe, and Josh Rosenstock, ex director of external corporate communications at Rolls-Royce.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Sept. 9 event confirmed, Tim Cook on China, Apple TV rumors & more
- Judge bars Apple, Samsung from further filings after rapid-fire case entries
- Johns Hopkins taps Apple Watch, ResearchKit for upcoming epilepsy study with eye on seizure prediction
- Apple, 161 other organizations lend aid to Pentagon on flexible electronics
- AppleInsider podcast analyzes what to expect at Apple's Sept. 9 event, Wall Street, 'Apple Car,' more