Former Gartner analyst Michael Gartenberg joins Apple marketingMichael Gartenberg, a longtime industry analyst who most recently covered technology for Gartner, has taken a job on Apple's marketing team working under executive Phil Schiller.
Gartenberg's new position at Apple was first reported on Wednesday by Connie Guglielmo of Forbes. Aside from his position in marketing under Schiller, it's unknown exactly what role he will take at the Cupertino, Calif., company.
The analyst previously had a brief stint as an evangelist with Microsoft in 2007, but that role only lasted a month. He is one of the most well-known analysts in the tech industry.
In other roles, Gartenberg was an analyst and partner at Altimeter Group, vice president of strategy at Interpret LLC, and research director at Jupiter Research. He's also served on the board of directors for the Consumer Electronics Association, which runs the annual Consumer Electronics Show.
Other high-profile hires made by Apple this year include Kevin Lynch, former chief technology officer at Adobe, and Josh Rosenstock, ex director of external corporate communications at Rolls-Royce.
On Topic: General
- Future watch: new Ethernet standard to bring 2.5 and 5 Gbit/sec speeds to existing cabling
- This week on AI: 'Touch bar' MacBook Pro in late Oct., all-glass casing on 2017 iPhones & more
- Apple ordered to pay $302.4M in damages to VirnetX in patent retrial
- Latest 4K drone footage of Apple's 'spaceship' Campus 2 shows landscaping, functional HVAC
- 10nm chip foundry process coming to Apple partner TSMC ahead of Intel