AT&T expands 4G LTE coverage to 16 new US marketsIn another 16 markets, users of Apple's iPhone 5 and LTE-enabled iPads will now find that their devices are able to access much greater speeds, as AT&T has taken its 4G LTE coverage live in more areas across the U.S.
Customers in assorted markets in Arizona, Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington will now be able to access AT&T's high-speed data network. This latest rollout is part of a larger effort on the part of AT&T to expand its network to 79 new markets over the course of the summer.
AT&T's 4G LTE network provides data speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. In recent tests, PC World found AT&T's network, which covers 288 million people across the United States, to be the fastest among all providers in terms of download speeds.
The markets now able to access 4G LTE connections are as follows:
- Asheville, N.C.
- Casa Grande, Ariz.
- Culpepper, Va.
- Dover, Del.
- Fredericksburg, Va.
- Goldsboro, N.C.
- Leonardtown, Md.
- Linglestown, Pa.
- Longview, Wash.
- Ocean City, Md.
- Port Townsend-North Whidbey Island-Camano Island, Wash.
- Prince Frederick and Calvert County, Md.
- Roanoke, Va.
- Salem, Ore.
- Schenectady, N.Y.
- Shelton, Wash.
On Topic: iPhone
- First video of functional Lightning EarPods hits the web
- Apple's iPhone falls from 3rd to 5th in China smartphone marketshare
- Hyundai adds Apple CarPlay to 2017 Sonata & Tucson
- Secure WhatsApp found to not be completely eradicating chat transcripts
- Nest app updates with Thermostat control from Apple Watch, expanded camera options